“Exactly as advertised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Wiechmann

Save Saved
You added Hotel Wiechmann to your Saves list
Hotel Wiechmann
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prinsengracht 328-332, 1016 HX Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #90 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Rockport, Massachusetts
“Exactly as advertised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

If you want a "cookie cutter" hotel, the Wiechman isn't for you! If you want simple comfort, clean facilities, friendly staff, and convenience, you won't go wrong choosing this hotel. Ask for a canal-side room and enjoy the activity of canal boats and bicycles below. Breakfast was super - excellent variety of foods served in a bright, spacious room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

451 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I love this little place, it's in a great location! I got a canal view from my window, and a free upgrade to a double bed. The room was small but clean and nice. The breakfast was wonderful, I loved sitting at the window in the sun, watching people walk by the canals, drinking my morning tea. Stairs are definitely hard to get up with luggage.. but I had read reviews and was anticipating that. It's great to stay in these unique dutch houses. Staff were friendly.

Room Tip: I asked for a canal view when I made my reservation...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I enjoyed staying at Hotel Wiechmann. It was in a nice part of town, quiet and picturesque. The staff was extremely nice and helpful and the lobby is quite quaint. The room was just a room, but the bed was comfortable and if I stood at the window, I could see the canels. As stated by others, the stairs are extremely steep and my room was on the top floor.

Room Tip: If you have any issue with climbing stairs at all, then you need to ask for a room on one of the bot...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The hotel is in a brilliant position, with the canal just in front. The view from breakfast room in the morning was always lovely. The staff were incredibly helpful, as it was my first time abroad without my parents so I was rather apprehensive whilst excited!:) My room was lovely, with a comfy bed and there was no dirt or dust. The decor of the hotel is rather vintage/old fashioned but I personally found it interesting ans gave the hotel a great character. I loved staying here, great location, lovely staff and a comfy bed at the end of each days exploring!
My only niggle would be that the break fast didn't cater well for people with allergies. I do not eat wheat or gluten or cows milk (yes very awkward) so there was little for me. I personally was more than delighted with eating just fruit and may I add the BEST fruit I have ever had. But would be great if there were more options for awkward travelers like myself:)

Room Tip: For nice view get rooms at front of building:)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our stay at Hotel Wiechmann was very pleasant. We have never expected that it can be such a wonderful place. Entire property is clean, lobby is nice, décor is modern and services were superb. I stayed here in April 2013 with my friends and we really had a great time. Rooms which we got were perfect, nothing was missing. Balcony provided in room was big and view of the city from this place was - just amazing. Bed was quite comfortable and not too high. Bathroom looked modern and fresh. Food was delicious and served elegantly. I will love to recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Ware, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Really lovely hotel..near to all the attractions, close to the Central Station and trams. Very helpful staff and lovely rooms. We had the family room which was spacious and clean. There are a lot of narrow staircases which would be difficult for any one with a disability but the hotel itself was really lovely and I would recommend a stay here. Free wifi. No hair dryers in room.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

found this hotel when we were in Amsterdam last new years. staying at another hotel nearby on the P-gracht canal. this other hotel was a high end chain hotel. with all the modern bells and whistles. and 2x more costly than the Weichmann. for that we had a room overlooking a courtyard. Knew we were coming back in a few months and I went looking one day for something that was more cozy, quaint, and with some Amsterdam character. This was the place, Perfect. Stayed twice (on both ends of a cruise) Had a double room overlooking the canal. beautiful views of the daily life going by. the room was sizeable enough The Wiechmann is central to everything. an easy 3 block walk to the tram. you can be at Schiphol airport in under an hour (walk to tram, take tram to train, take train to airport). The breakfast was basic euro fare. toasts, cereals, yogurt, meats,cheese.The TV and WiFi service was not great, but did we go to Amsterdam to watch Tv or surf the net. No There are also the infamous stairs. so steep.but thats part of the charm. along with Taz the house dog in the lobby. like you're walking into home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Wiechmann? Share your experiences!