“Dirty hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Trianon Hotel

You added Trianon Hotel to your Saves list
Trianon Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jan Willem Brouwersstraat 3-7, 1071 LH Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #325 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Dirty hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I spent four days in this hotel.

The hotel has a good location close to Van Gogh museum, but I was disappointed by my room:

- dirty sheet and blanket ( after one night I had a lot of bites )
- one light and one windows were broken
- the walls of the room was disgusting and the floor also

The common part were very messy.

Conclusion:
Usually I book hostels and I share my room with ten people, for the first time I decided to book an hotel and a private room: it was a big mistake !!!

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The key indicator here being all in the cost... it's cheap.
Yes it looks tired inside and the decor hasn't been updated for a few decades.
Yes the lift is a death trap (don't get in it)
Yes the stairs and windy and filled with student types chatting on their respective phones so you have to squeeze past whilst avoiding falling on the teensy steps
Yes it's threadbare
Yes is basic
Saying all that
Yes it's clean and the towels freshly laundered.
Yes it's warm and
Yes the shower is brilliant.
It's not the Hilton but it does what it says on the tin and its in a great location.
Well worth it if you have better things to spend your cash on in Amsterdam.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dorset, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Truly disgusting hotel. During our stay we simply referred to the hotel as our 'filthy hovel'.

The bathroom smelled like sewage, it smelt so badly that everytime we entered the room we were hit by the overwhelming stench of the bathroom. The owners clearly know there is a problem as they had put an air freshener on top of the bathroom light in there.

The bath/shower was rusty and peeling, in the words of my travelling companion "I was too scared to look down when in the shower, I just tried to stand in one place!".

I pulled my bed out from the wall during our second night and came across a pile of dirty tissues down the side of it.

The breakfast was an absolute joke, several loaves of bread, no toaster, and a bowl of hard boiled eggs.

The general feel of the place is unclean. On the plus side, good location.

Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

That "hotel" shouldnt exist in that beautiful city! People read the opinions before you stay there! Everyhing in this hotel was a disgrace. What a suprise walking down the stairs.... to see a big human poo on the corridor! Really awful!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I rarely write reviews on Trip Advisor but after my experience at this 'hotel' i had to have my say. After reading the negative reviews for this hotel, i decided to take no notice and still book because of the cheap price. What a mistake. First of all, this hotel falsely advertises its rooms. The four of us booked a 'quadruple room with shared bathroom' but upon arrival were given a dormitory for 10 people. After explaining that we were not comfortable with sharing - we were told that this is what we had booked (not true) and that we should leave if we didn't like it. The manager on the desk was beyond rude and had no consideration for his paying customers. He took no responsibility for the hotels mistake and instead blamed the website we booked it through. Upon inspection of the room we found bed bug poo all over the sheets and mould growing all over the bathroom and windows. I never expected luxury and understand it is a 'budget hotel' but this was by far the worst i have seen. It should be advertised as a HOSTEL and a disgusting one at that. We had to fork out an extra €100 to stay somewhere else because it was completely unbearable. Don't be tempted by the cheap price - it isn't worth a penny!

• Stayed November 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel has to one of the most disgusting things ever. Even though the location was quite convenient for me, what surprised me the most were the bed bugs. At first, I thought the bugs I saw were just my imagination, but during the night I encountered many of them and to my surprise I found a huge bug at the end of the beds. The bathroom is tiny, very hard to move around in and the bunk beds have mold on them. I would recommend that you don't stay here no matter how cheap it costs.

• Stayed November 2014
Ferrara, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

We didn't expect much of this place: it's a hostel and we paid 30€ per night, we were ready to deal with small rooms and lack of services. We were 7 boys and girls in a dormitory with 8 beds, we weren't going to use the room except for sleeping. Still, this hostel was a really awful surprise.
Dust and stains everywhere, mold in the shower, the window was old and fragile and the room was always humid and damp. The walls are so thin that you can hear everything from one room to another, especially at 4 A.M... The linens were dirty and they haven't been changed once in 5 days. The towels, on the other hand, were changed every day.

The real shock came one week later, when we were already home. 4 people out of 7 had an allergic reaction, and we had no doubt about the cause: *bedbugs*. Arms and legs full of tiny, itchy red dots. Annoying bites on every inch of skin that was not covered during the night.

The hotel is in a great zone, we didn't need any mean of public transport to reach any area of the city centre. All the best museums are just across the Museumplein park, it's a quiet quarter and the nightlife is also great. But it's just NOT WORTH IT.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Trianon Hotel? Share your experiences!