“Dirty, and unfriendly staff!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Trianon Hotel

You added Trianon Hotel to your Saves list
Trianon Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jan Willem Brouwersstraat 3-7, 1071 LH Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier))   |
Ranked #332 of 356 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Dirty, and unfriendly staff!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Arrived at this hotel which has a very grand entrance and a very disappointing interior. The staff where unfriendly and not at all like the staff in the hostels I had been staying in before. We were staying in a dorm room which was tiny! Barely room to place your luggage! No lockers and the place was not very clean. Bathroom facilities were below par. We went to the the breakfast, which was dire. My coffee tasted weird, the plates where not very clean there was a cat walking in the dining room and the selection was very limited. This hotel is confused it has the unfriendly vibe of a hotel but the facilities of a hostel, overpriced for what we got!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Very happy with the hotels central location. Although the room was small it was well equipped and very clean. Only criticism which was unavoidable I know, was that the scaffolding outside prevented us having the window open at night so the room was hot and stuffy.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The location is very good, very close to the main museums and to the city centre. Rooms are quite narrow but essential. Definitely, value for money. What I liked best: location, what I liked least: breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Gdansk, Poland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is one terrible hotel…if it can be called one. The only positive thing about this place is the location since it is very close to the Van Gogh Museum, Museumplein and the Rijksmuseum and the tram stop.

Tiny rooms (and that is not the issue) with no A/C or even a fan. Rooms need cleaning and well as bathrooms. Mattresses are quite old and really soft and deformed. This place does not have a cafeteria and just vending machines although there are cafeterias and a supermarket very close by.

Service is terrible…you really are just a number here since they know the next tourist is coming right behind you.

I would stay away if I were you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

For me and my friends going to Amsterdam on a budget, this hotel was perfect for what we needed. It offers breakfast included in the price and considering it is fairly cheap to book, we were very impressed. The room itself was an adequate size and suitable for us as we planned to sightsee the majority of our trip. The staff too were friendly and advised us on what was popular when it came to nightlife. Our bathroom however had a large hole in one of the internal walls and the walls of the room are very thin so you can hear EVERYTHING in the neighbouring rooms. Ultimately, it is perfect if you plan to just sleep there however it is fairly dirty.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is probably one of the worst hotels that I've ever been to, and I've been to some pretty bad ones. Don't get me wrong, my expectations were really low after I had read some of the reviews here so I was prepared for the worst, but still I was amazed by the extremely low standard. I and my parents had (unfortunately) booked a stay of four nights in a triple bed room at Trianon. When we there was a huge scaffolding surrounding the whole hotel and if it hadn't been for the characteristic entrance we would have missed it.

The reception was actually pretty nice, but don't let this fool you, it's merely a facade. After climbing the extremely steep stairs with loads of luggage (there was an elevator, but none of us dared use it). At last we got to our room, and let me put it like this, either the hotel managers have some pretty awesome photo techniques, or the photos on the website were fabricated/taken from an other website. I'd go for the latter one. Our triple room were more like a 0,5 room with three beds cramed into it. You literarily had do crawl over at least one bed to get to any of the two others (there were no space inbetween the beds). The only "free" space in the room were just large enough to stack your luggage on, the hope of being able to move freely around the room was since long gone.

Except for the fact that you felt like you were living in your mothers old wardrobe, the room was pretty scruffy, and you had no view whatsoever thanks to the scaffolding outside. There was no air condition in the room, so if you can't afford a tropical vacation but still want to experience the heat, I highly recommend this. If you don't feel like living in a miniature sauna when staying in Amsterdam, you might consider choosing an other alternative.

We hadn't paid for any breakfast, but they insisted we had, so we didn't argue with that. I'm sincerely happy that we hadn't paid for it, since it wouldn't had been worth the money. They called it a breakfast buffet, but that's an insult to the word buffet, so I will call it just breakfast. It was served in the Chinese restaurant next door (which also provided the whole hotel with a pleasant smell of fried noodles), it consisted of a couple of bread slices, some yogurt, tinned fruit, corn flakes, egg and juice or coffee.

The personnel didn't speak much English and even though they were pretty polite and nice, they didn't really get what we were saying. BUT we got a free map, which was nice I suppose. There was WiFi, but only in the reception, and it only worked sometimes. And oh yes, to end the whole trip we also found bed bugs in the room during the last night. If you already have booked this hotel, I do hope that you paid for some sort of right to cancelation, otherwise I do feel sorry for you. Only positive thing is that the hotel is very close to the city, and Museumplein.

Summary: It was terrible.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were asked to stay here after I had a booking at Inner Hotel Amsterdam, they were overbooked (?) and moved us to Trianon on arrival (no email etc to warn us).

When we arrived (at the time I had specified in my booking), housekeeping was in full effect with dirty laundry littered all over the corridors (not a welcoming sight). We got offered a room on the third floor. The lift was used by housekeeping, so we used the very steep stairs.

Room was a tiny twin room with a very small bathroom (with a sort of sit-bath instead of shower). There were ongoing noisy building works with scaffolding in front of the window, and a builder on the balcony straight in front of the room.

Consequently, we asked to change rooms. The next room we were offered was a small double, which stank of frying fat. The reason was obvious: the vents from the Chinese restaurant downstairs were just outside the window.

We are not fussy travellers, but this hotel was unclean, not like the descriptions on the booking website at all, and the service was very unhelpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple