“my stay 12-16 July,2014” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Trianon Hotel

You added Trianon Hotel to your Saves list
Trianon Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jan Willem Brouwersstraat 3-7, 1071 LH Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier))   |
Ranked #329 of 355 Hotels in Amsterdam
Amsterdam
“my stay 12-16 July,2014”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The location is very good, very close to the main museums and to the city centre. Rooms are quite narrow but essential. Definitely, value for money. What I liked best: location, what I liked least: breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Gdansk, Poland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is one terrible hotel…if it can be called one. The only positive thing about this place is the location since it is very close to the Van Gogh Museum, Museumplein and the Rijksmuseum and the tram stop.

Tiny rooms (and that is not the issue) with no A/C or even a fan. Rooms need cleaning and well as bathrooms. Mattresses are quite old and really soft and deformed. This place does not have a cafeteria and just vending machines although there are cafeterias and a supermarket very close by.

Service is terrible…you really are just a number here since they know the next tourist is coming right behind you.

I would stay away if I were you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

For me and my friends going to Amsterdam on a budget, this hotel was perfect for what we needed. It offers breakfast included in the price and considering it is fairly cheap to book, we were very impressed. The room itself was an adequate size and suitable for us as we planned to sightsee the majority of our trip. The staff too were friendly and advised us on what was popular when it came to nightlife. Our bathroom however had a large hole in one of the internal walls and the walls of the room are very thin so you can hear EVERYTHING in the neighbouring rooms. Ultimately, it is perfect if you plan to just sleep there however it is fairly dirty.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is probably one of the worst hotels that I've ever been to, and I've been to some pretty bad ones. Don't get me wrong, my expectations were really low after I had read some of the reviews here so I was prepared for the worst, but still I was amazed by the extremely low standard. I and my parents had (unfortunately) booked a stay of four nights in a triple bed room at Trianon. When we there was a huge scaffolding surrounding the whole hotel and if it hadn't been for the characteristic entrance we would have missed it.

The reception was actually pretty nice, but don't let this fool you, it's merely a facade. After climbing the extremely steep stairs with loads of luggage (there was an elevator, but none of us dared use it). At last we got to our room, and let me put it like this, either the hotel managers have some pretty awesome photo techniques, or the photos on the website were fabricated/taken from an other website. I'd go for the latter one. Our triple room were more like a 0,5 room with three beds cramed into it. You literarily had do crawl over at least one bed to get to any of the two others (there were no space inbetween the beds). The only "free" space in the room were just large enough to stack your luggage on, the hope of being able to move freely around the room was since long gone.

Except for the fact that you felt like you were living in your mothers old wardrobe, the room was pretty scruffy, and you had no view whatsoever thanks to the scaffolding outside. There was no air condition in the room, so if you can't afford a tropical vacation but still want to experience the heat, I highly recommend this. If you don't feel like living in a miniature sauna when staying in Amsterdam, you might consider choosing an other alternative.

We hadn't paid for any breakfast, but they insisted we had, so we didn't argue with that. I'm sincerely happy that we hadn't paid for it, since it wouldn't had been worth the money. They called it a breakfast buffet, but that's an insult to the word buffet, so I will call it just breakfast. It was served in the Chinese restaurant next door (which also provided the whole hotel with a pleasant smell of fried noodles), it consisted of a couple of bread slices, some yogurt, tinned fruit, corn flakes, egg and juice or coffee.

The personnel didn't speak much English and even though they were pretty polite and nice, they didn't really get what we were saying. BUT we got a free map, which was nice I suppose. There was WiFi, but only in the reception, and it only worked sometimes. And oh yes, to end the whole trip we also found bed bugs in the room during the last night. If you already have booked this hotel, I do hope that you paid for some sort of right to cancelation, otherwise I do feel sorry for you. Only positive thing is that the hotel is very close to the city, and Museumplein.

Summary: It was terrible.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were asked to stay here after I had a booking at Inner Hotel Amsterdam, they were overbooked (?) and moved us to Trianon on arrival (no email etc to warn us).

When we arrived (at the time I had specified in my booking), housekeeping was in full effect with dirty laundry littered all over the corridors (not a welcoming sight). We got offered a room on the third floor. The lift was used by housekeeping, so we used the very steep stairs.

Room was a tiny twin room with a very small bathroom (with a sort of sit-bath instead of shower). There were ongoing noisy building works with scaffolding in front of the window, and a builder on the balcony straight in front of the room.

Consequently, we asked to change rooms. The next room we were offered was a small double, which stank of frying fat. The reason was obvious: the vents from the Chinese restaurant downstairs were just outside the window.

We are not fussy travellers, but this hotel was unclean, not like the descriptions on the booking website at all, and the service was very unhelpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

If you are OK with the absolute bare minimum in accommodations, book this hostel (NOT hotel). I shared a cramped room with 9 other people with barely enough room to walk around the beds, 1 shared bathroom with 1 shower, 1 toilet, etc.. Bathroom was COVERED in mold and mildew and the sheets smelled like they had never been washed. Breakfast consisted of corn flakes, powdered milk, and bread (no toaster). The people at the concierge desk were unhelpful and sometimes flat out rude. If you get back to the hostel after 1 AM the front door will be locked and you have to cross your fingers that the person at the front desk isn't asleep or hasn't wandered off. I had to wait outside for almost 30 minutes one night. The "free-wifi" is terrible and does not extend past the lobby. The ONLY positive is the location, right across the street from the Museumplein in the center of the museum quarter.

Room Tip: Room 405 is actually on the fifth floor up the steepest set of stairs I have ever seen.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Milford Haven, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We just returned from Amsterdam after a long weekend on a stag do ! The hotel was perfect for this type of trip , cheap , close to tram line , nice big park opposite to relax in ! Certainly helped with the hangover !! The room had two bunks and two singles (6 people ) and was perfect . Yes the room/hotel is dated but we were only interested in getting our heads down for the night. Bathroom dated and untidy but it was fine enough to shower in and get out and about. Overall a great place to stay if your only interested in sleeping/showering and getting out and about .

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor and had a little balcony it enabled us to have a crafty smoke ! Alt...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends