“You get what you pay for including the bed bugs” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Trianon Hotel

You added Trianon Hotel to your Saves list
Trianon Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jan Willem Brouwersstraat 3-7, 1071 LH Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier))   |
Ranked #340 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam
“You get what you pay for including the bed bugs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in February with my sister and re booked for November as it is a fantastic location for tourists and away from the noise but great for museums and all main tourist areas. You can get a bus straight from airport to it also. The rooms are basic but cleaned everyday but unfortunately this time we ended up with bedbugs in our beds and found them crawling on us in the morning. I don't want to make too much of an issue with it as it is hard for hotels with lots of people travelling everywhere all over the world, they will have issues and I ignored one ladies ranted review about them in this hotel as we had no problems last time but unfortunately it is true but apart from that its a basic hotel to stay in. I just personally won't be staying here again. Hope this helps others make up their minds happy travelling

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank cheerylorna

Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

there was no lobby and not much to chose from at breakfast but nothing to really complain about for that price. close to lots of things in amsterdam and they were wery kind and helpful. dont stay here if you plan to spend your days in your hotelroom.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Frejak K
sheffield, uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We booked in here, because of the cheapness of the rooms and so did not read some of the more damning reviews until just before the trip. They worried me but if I am being totally honest most of the problems other reviewers had, did not happen with us.
The location was brilliant, next to the Concert Gebouw and only a few seconds from the Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh and the Stedelijk. It is also a major transport route and so easy to get buses and trams, especially the airport shuttle. It is also across the road from a major supermarket, which we found a bonus.
I booked a twin room and the room was small and had bunk beds. However we coped, and did not really expect luxury or spaciousness. It did however have an en suite and the cleanliness of everything was very good.
The staff were welcoming and friendly throughout and we couldn't fault them. The breakfast was more than adequate, with cereal, bread, cheese, two cold meats, crispbreads and fruit with juice, tea and coffee. The setting of the breakfast was in the adjacent high end Chinese restaurant and so quite upmarket for a budget hotel.
I do not think that I am any less picky than other reviewers but I think I appreciate all of the Trianon's good points and we will probably return here in the near future because of its great setting and very affordable prices.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank binkybot
Amsterdam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Walls were so thin you could hear everything. Room had hangers, but nowhere to hang things, pictures stored in the wardrobe as there were no hooks. Really awful place to stay. The TV remote was all in Chinese as they were cheap knock off remotes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank P B

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Burton upon Trent, null, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days and found it clean and the bed linen nice and the bed comfortable. The rooms are very small and we had a bunk bed when we requested double but did us for the short stay we had.

The staff were very helpful when we needed to know tram/bus numbers for which routed.

The breakfast is more than sufficient for a continental.

The chinese restaurant is very nice but quite expensive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara B
Richmond, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The place stank of Chinese food.
The bed wasn't clean- there were crumbs and the previous occupants hairs were everywhere.
The carpet was disgustingly filthy and looked possibly burnt.
I had to put a towel in the bottom of the shower because I couldn't stand in it barefoot (I wear flip flops from April to October, I'll walk practically anywhere barefoot but I couldn't stand in the shower at Trianon!) it was disgustingly grimy.
The bed was unbelievably uncomfortable- I didn't sleep for the two days I was there.
When I booked my travel agent said it was a good central location and a place to leave my stuff....he wasn't kidding- I wouldn't stay here again if it was the last place in Amsterdam to stay- I would rather sleep in a car!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Klara O
Keswick, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Past reviews say it all. The mattresses are dirty. Probably by every bodily fluid possible and then any other. The bed bugs are massive. Big enough to mistake them as something else if you don't know what your looking at.

We payed €1000 for a 4night stay. So not exactly cheap either. Safe to say, we've had our pants down on this occasion. The hotel is run by a Chinese restaurant we assume, as the door to breakfast led into the Chinese spot next door, and surprise surprise the staff we also Chinese. Pretty much says it all really.

Can't comment on breakfast as we didn't want to risk getting food poisoning as well as a nasty dose of bed bugs to take home as well.

Someone close this place down please!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends