“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bob's Youth Hostel

You added Bob's Youth Hostel to your Saves list
Bob's Youth Hostel
Old Centre: New Side | Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012 Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Dam Square)   |
Ranked #128 of 176 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed here for one night in a 16 bed female dorm, room cleanliness was excellent, beds were super comfortable and we felt really safe. Excellent value for money in an superb location! The only slight issue was the shower didnt drain and flooded the floor a tiny bit but would stay there again in a heartbeat! :)

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Disgusting place... The bedroom was completely dirty, breakfast was horrible and we had to "climb" more than 100steps us on the stair to get to our room... Rude staff! Dont' go. Only thing positive: location!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
京都
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I didnt have any choice other than this hostel when I visited Amsterdam on a weekend in high season.
The location is good,some young staffs are friendly.

One thing which could be a problem is that the building itself is not that clean and new.
I dont recommend you to stay there in summer because the room will be so hot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Cockeysville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Even though it was a relaxed atmosphere with friendly service, the words that come to mind with this hostel is dirty & unclean. Unfortunately, that is the lasting impression. If you're gonna stay for more than a night, I recommend staying somewhere else. I only needed a place for the night & I chose Bob's because it was the cheapest.

When I was checking in, the man behind the counter was very friendly & helpful. He took his time explaining the type of rooms they have & how much they cost. I had a thousand questions & he answered them all with patience. The thing that annoyed me was the desk was not 24 hours. He said I would get my security deposit when I check out but I was checking out at a time when the desk was closed. So I had to get up in the middle of the night to get my security deposit but they still let me stay until I officially checked out.

The bathroom was so disgusting!!!!!! Just think about a public restroom & not being cleaned for like 2 days. It was that bad. & I think there were only 2 outlets in the room with like 20 girls.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Bob's Youth Hostel is the worst hostel I've ever stayed in and I would not recomment it to anyone. the staff were incompetent, the rooms were cramped and from my expeience look nothing like they do in the photos, the breakfast isnt worth eating and the price is completely ridiculous for what you get. If you wanna see a full review check out my blog:

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Four of us stayed here in June from New Zealand and were gutted with the room when we arrived! Grafti on the wall in the room said "bob this place is a s#*t hole" and that summed it up. Room was up very steep 3 flights of stairs and room and bath room were dirty. The bunks were almost falling to bits and made heaps of noise.
Although its location is great you can stay abit further out of the central city and get much better value for money and much nicer place and as there are trams running everywhere all the time so getting into the centre is easy.

• Stayed June 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Great place to chill, shame the beds weren't all that comfy. Fantastic though!

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Bob's Youth Hostel? Share your experiences!