“a very friendly hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clemens Hotel

You added Clemens Hotel to your Saves list
Clemens Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raadhuisstraat 39, 1016 DC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #34 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Roermond, The Netherlands
“a very friendly hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had a hotel for one night, not far from the central station, i finding Hotel Clemens. And Hotel Clemens is a hotel to advise anyone who want be in Amsterdam City for a gentle pries.
The personnel are very kind. I had a nice time in it.

Room Tip: No lift available.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

A very nice hotel, staff very friendly and helpful. Near to dam square. My room had a very nice balcony where we can sit and relax. Nice choice! And without a doubt next time clemens hotel will be my choice again! I recomend it!

• Stayed September 2013
Cologne, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We booked a double-room in the Clemens Hotel for 2 nights the deciding factor being the excellent critic here. The situation was excellent being only about 10 minutes walk from the Dam, the staff were very friendly and on arrival we were offered a tea or coffee. The breakfast was enough to get through until midday. These were the plus points. The minus points however were as follows. Directy upon arrival we had to literally "climb" a long steep flight of stairs, (I would say with a gradient around 200%) to the reception. If that was not enough, we were given a room on the 3rd floor with another climb, this time though maybe with only a 150% gradient. I am certain that accidents have happened there and I shudder to think what would happen in an emergency. The room itsself was a disappointment. The double-room consisted of 2 single beds pushed together, which we would not have accepted if we had been a young couple. Walking around to the sides of the beds was not easy with about 30cms room on one side and 40cms on the other. The front was not much more. I could only sleep on one particular side as with my height (slightly above average) and the loft design I would have been scraping the ceiling with my head. The bathroom was average. Both the bathroom and bedroom were very clean.
This hotel is ok for younger people but for anyone who is not quite so fit, I would advise them, on account of the stairs, to think twice before booking here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gap
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have chosen this hotel based on the reviews of this very website and, to say the least, I was absolutely delighted.

First, the hotel's location is near perfect if you intend to walk through Amsterdam's center just like I did.

Even though the room I was given was quite small, it didn't bothered me at all considering I essentially needed a shower and a bed. Moreover, it was very comfortable and perfectly clean.

The breakfast was good, with enough choice and flavors to satisfy any hungry customer.

Regarding the cost, I honestly don't think you'll be able to find another hotel that offers such a great quality of service at such a low price.

As a side note, I absolutely loved the huge steep stair, but you need to be warned that if you have any physical disability or any fear of heights, you might feel uncomfortable. However, you can count on the staff's diligence to help you get both yourself and your luggages upstairs.

I can do nothing but praise the staff because its kindness is remarkable. And I need to thank again the adorable receptionist who offered to do my laundry at midnight because I had no spare clothes and had dirtied it all with tomato sauce. Her concern was very sweet and genuine. So this would be the only drawback for me: beware, you can get used way too soon to such a charming personality :-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

It is located near the best attractions in Amsterdam, like the Anne Frank House, Dam Square and Central Station. The staff was very kind and they help you with your luggage to climb the stairs, because the hotel is like a Dutch standard house. The room was air-conditionned, and had a led tv and great wi-fi connection.
Without a doubt my next stop in Amsterdam I'll check in again there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Belo Horizonte, MG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

If you have trouble with stairs might have a big problem ahead, otherwise, despite the rooms being small, well worth staying at this hotel in this delicious and healthy city! The breakfast room is very good and varied. And you will easily pay for your stay through cash or debit or credit cards.

Room Tip: It seems to me that the rooms are equally good. The third floor will force you to climb more flights...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Clemens Hotel? Share your experiences!