“Convenient Location, Friendly Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clemens Hotel

Save Saved
You added Clemens Hotel to your Saves list
Clemens Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raadhuisstraat 39, 1016 DC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #37 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Portland, Oregon
“Convenient Location, Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I admit that I didn't read the reviews before I booked this place. So after we dragged our luggage from Central train station and after a long walk (the walk from Central Train Station is about 20 minutes), my sister and I finally buzzed for the door to be opened. We swung the door open and surprise! A very long steep steep staircase awaited us. I was a bit shocked and dreaded lugging the luggage up the narrow staircase. I saw images of the room on their website and it looked pretty decent. When I booked I used the 5% off coupon code from the site, it still wasn't the cheapest because later I looked and prices actually went down another 20% for the nights I booked. I booked Clemens for three nights.
The service was pleasant and amiable. We were placed on the "2nd floor." The rooms were newly remodeled. The rooms are quite compact. The bathroom was even smaller. You had to shift your knees to the side when using the bathroom. I guess for a budget hotel, it was decent. The location is great as it is within walking distance( less than 5 minutes away) to the Anne Frank Museum. There is a large supermarket nearby. Dam Square is also very close by. A simple breakfast was also included. The breakfast consisted of yogurt, simple ham and cheese, croissants, and an array of breads you can toast. Drinks included coffee, tea, milk, and juices. The helper was very courteous and nice. I would give Hotel Clemens above average experience. When I left, I asked the front desk to help me with the luggage. After a long day of walking, the stairs was a deterrent for me. I didn't think the price was super cheap for a two star. However, service was great.

Room Tip: My room was the first room on the 2nd floor and it didn't have a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Arabic first
Stuttgart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Staffs were very helpful, always helped us to carry our luggages up and down to the steep stairs, gave us some tips to visit nice places, or just having a small chat was also nice. We really felt like home and finally extended our stay there. It was few days after my mom's birthday and even I didn't request anything though, they prepared a birthday card for her in our room and she was so happy about it. We will definitely come back to this hotel for our next trip to Amsterdam.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Innsbruck, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Staff very friendly and helpful, room clean and neat, though VERY small (I stayed in a single). Breakfast was welcome each morning too. Location great, made the whole town accessible without fuss. I would be very happy to recommend this hotel to others, simply ensure you are aware that rooms are not the largest!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We were first worried that the hotel didnt have seperate bathrooms so we emailed them to double check. They responded the 2nd day saying that it was newly renovated and had seperate bathrooms so we decided to check it out. We cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Its newly renovated and CLEAN. The staff were nice and polite. The beds are comfortable and the location is Great! 5min walk from the dam square and 5min walk from the ann frank museum. 10min walk from the central station. The breakfast was simple yet fresh the bread tasted to good. The stairs are steep but for us living in a non european country we enjoyed the traditional style of the whole hotel. We cannot say enough great things about this hotel. We enjoyed every min of it. Extremly nice people. Thank you clemens hotel for making our stay a membrable one. Will 100% stay in this same hotel again

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel has very friendly employers. The room is wonderful, all is brandnew and it has a clima machine! Near from the central (15-20min to walk and 5-10min with the tram) and its a real good location. And the two hotel cats are the best, very symphatic!:) we would come again!

• Stayed June 2013
kilkenny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed in Clemens Hotel in May for my Boyfriends 30th for two nights. When I was booking a hotel I was hoping to get a 3* but was delighted with this great 2* hotel for the price.
I already knew about the stairs before we arrived so this was okay for us & the staff offered to help with our luggage on check in & check out. The staff were so nice on arrival & we got a complimentary drink which was well needed after the walk from the train (which isn't too far at all).
I was so surprised with the room when we got in as it was so new & clean looking & even the bathroom, it was more like a 4* room rather than 2*. We asked for a balcony which we received & were so thankful for.The rooms even had air conditioning (which we don't have here in Ireland or need).
The breakfast was perfect no complaints. The hotel is in a great location, 5/10 min walk to dam square.
I myself work as a receptionist in a 4* hotel in Ireland & can say I will definitely be back to stay in this hotel as i know we would be well looked after! Big thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony you may need to walk more stairs....worth it though! Not suitable for people w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The location made it easy to get to everything. The hotel was on a busy street, yet the rooms were quiet and clean. The bread wasn't very fresh the first day, but it was better the next day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Clemens Hotel? Share your experiences!