“my stay here.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Amsterdam Inn

Save Saved
You added Hotel Amsterdam Inn to your Saves list
Hotel Amsterdam Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leidsegracht 111, 1017 ND Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly Hotel de Lantaerne) (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Ranked #321 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“my stay here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

on march 11th myself and my husband and my mam went to stay in this hotel, when we checked in we were very dissapointed as the room was really dirty, there wasnt any plug sockets low down they were high up and when you plugged out in you got a shock,when complaining to the sister hotel nothing was done about it.my husband nearly fell threw the window when he sat on the bed as the bed moved as the so called cleaners left the big window wide open,we got woken up at 1.30am with fire alarm and no one came to see us about it,and wouldnt say it was a family hotel due to gang bangs above our room wasnt happy..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Me and my three friends stayed here,the service given to us at the hotel Marnix was excellent let us keep the room too free of charge,hotel Amsterdam inn is just across the road,the stairs are very sleep and narrow,the room we had was a quad room (two singles and a bunk bed),beds were comfy enough & clean,bathroom was perfectly clean,enough plug sockets,only had one hanger tho!over all a fab stay at this hotel,would recommend to a friend.x

• Stayed March 2014
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

the hotel was very dirty never cleaned after any one windows were rotton my son in law neally fell out of it as the bed moved and window slid open on him .the plugs what was in our room we was getting shocks of them wasent good at all we complanined and nothing was done about it i was very disapointed in the hotel and fire alarm went of at 1 30 am and no one came to see if there was a fire as the office is across the road i wll never stay there again and nor will all my friends that go to holland on holiday this place is no good for familys as there was gangbangs above use and kept use a wake

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I've been reading some of the other reviews on this hotel, and I have to say I experienced none of these issues. Sure, the place is old - so is the entire city. It's part of the experience. The staff were fine, and who cares that the Admin is on the other side of the street - you go there to check in/check out. No biggie at all.

The place is in a great location (very close to transit/food/drinks), the room had everything we needed (a bathroom/shower, 3 beds, cleaned daily, and I felt safe in the location). We were on a group hotel, and all 3 of us were very satisfied.

It is a cheap place, that is convenient and close to stuff - worked perfectly for us.

Room Tip: The stairs are HIGH and evil looking, up and down. Take your time, and know that you have to take y...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

4. Fleas in the bed
5. Matress was really old, unconfortable and smelly
6. Room was never cleaned during my stay
7. Breakfast ist OK
8. Dodgy: not very safe as I heard people complaining about losing personal effects

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel or if you already stayed there and are not satisfied contact the Tourism /Health au...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Not only are the rooms filthy this also comes with bad manners and abuse from staff. I wouldn't take it as a given that you have access to your room as the keys are faulty to which you will have staff tell you it's your fault and be spoken to as if your trying to break in!! The rooms are filthy, no toilet seat, shot stained curtains, unwashed bedding......
I wouldn't let the homeless stay here

• Stayed December 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Twin bed that we put togather, tv and own toilet. Just what we were looking for on a budget for short stop. Looking for a romance, not the place. The shower was a bit let down, either hot or cold with no power. Had to look up couple of times to make sure that there wasn`t a guy taking a piss on me. Had a good sleep both nights and was not in tyhe room all day. Did the job and for the price, my final rating is a good 4. If coming back i will first look for this place, only becouse of the price though

Been to Hotel Amsterdam Inn? Share your experiences!