“Wonderful Place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Amsterdam Inn

Save Saved
You added Hotel Amsterdam Inn to your Saves list
Hotel Amsterdam Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leidsegracht 111, 1017 ND Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly Hotel de Lantaerne) (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Ranked #325 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

the hotels in a good location but rooms needs some tlc!! one friend had no working shower, my room flooded when you had a shower causing electricity in whole hotel to cut off, reception across the street & the hotel receptionist gave the guest before me a key for my room once I had checked in & they burst in to my room when I was in bed - wouldn't stay here again! only good thing was very comfy beds!!

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I wish I could say something, but unfortunately when we arrived in Amsterdam we were told that the reservation was canceled.
After booking on venere.com choosing to pay the full amount on the day of arrival, the hotel after a few days he tried to withdraw money from my credit card, there was something wrong, and so they decided to remove the reservation without telling us. After a bit of panic we have succeeded in find accommodation in another hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Having read the scary reviews, I was skeptic on how my experience would be. As part of a group of 3 friends, I was very pleasantly surprised at how convenient and clean the room was. Bathroom looked brand new and clean. The bedsheets and pillow cases looked questionable, but when you're only in the room to sleep, there's little to complain about. I just put my supposedly clean towels provided on the pillow and slept on top of the comforter. I used my own towel as my blanket. The room was warm and toasty. I was satisfied.

Room Tip: You have to go across the street to check-in. Our room was in the building next to the Police statio...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

"+":
Location is perfect! Leidseplein is just around the corner => nice bars, cafes, tram stop - in 2 minutes from there.

"-":
The rooms are very small and not luxury at all.
No hairdryers or any other stuff.
It's rather cool there (the buliding is very old).
The key from the room didn't work almost every evening, we had to go to reception which was located in another hotel across the road (Marnix).

To sum up, if you travel with friends and all you need to do there is to sleep - that's a good option!

Room Tip: It's better to book rooms on the first floors as the ladder is very steep.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Amsterdam Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Amsterdam Inn

Address: Leidsegracht 111, 1017 ND Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly Hotel de Lantaerne)
Location: The Netherlands > North Holland Province > Amsterdam > Stadsdeel Zuid
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi )
Ranked #325 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Hotel Class:2 star — Hotel Amsterdam Inn 2*
Pictures after renovation 2011environment ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotel.de, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Amsterdam Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
De Lantaerne Hotel
De Lantaerne Amsterdam

If you own or manage Hotel Amsterdam Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.