“What a wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Keizershof

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Keizershof
Save Saved
You added Hotel Keizershof to your Saves list
Keizersgracht 618, 1017 ER Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #30 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
London
“What a wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Such a beautiful property and wonderful that it hasn't been modernised. Quaint, charming and steeped in history.

The hosts, Mary and her daughter and son were so welcoming and helpful!

An excellent nights sleep, followed by a plentiful breakfast.

I would definitely stay again. They also kindly posted my camera charger back to England which was hugely appreciated.

A great 3 night stay.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lummi Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We returned to Amsterdam Keizershof for a second time (5 nights) in 7 years and had another wonderful stay. This is the only place for us because we like to avoid the commercial, institutional hotels. Keizershof is sited on a gorgeous canal, in the ideal location for walking to museums, restaurants and town center. The family members here provide a homey atmosphere, a great breakfast, and lots of friendly conversation. This is truly the place to get the flavor of the city and its wonderful residents.
Doug and Patricia - San Diego, California and Lummi Island, Washington

Room Tip: Rooms with canal view or garden view are equally enjoyable - for different reasons.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This was such a lovely place and my husband and I loved every aspect of staying here. It was close to most of the attractions and we never had to use public transportation to get us anywhere. Even though it was placed in a central area of the city, once inside it feels like a quaint little place where you can escape off from the bustle of the street. Ernest and Hanneke were lovely hosts who made us feel completely at home. The breakfast table every morning was a great place to meet the other guests and socialize over the extraordinary breakfast spread which included cereal, a good assortment of breads and cheese in addition to honeycomb and fresh fruits. I treated myself to an omelette everyday which the hosts made for me and it was simply the most delicious to have. The rooms are simple and cosy and even though I was apprehensive about having to share the loos it wasn't as bad and was actually quite well-maintained. We stayed in the Charlie Chaplin room and there was a bit of walking/dragging/disturbance in the room above us and that was the only negative thing we'd have to say about the place. That and the narrow spiral winding staircase but then it's understandable, this being a 17th century building.
To sum it up, great place, great location, lovely hosts and we'd definitely stay here if made another trip to Amsterdam.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Robina, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Our room [Rita Hayworth] overlooked the beautiful gardens at the back of these canal houses, and we had a small desk, an occasional table and chairs.
It caught the sun, and it was 32-36' during the day while we were there, but it was quiet enough to sleep with the windows open. That would not be true in other parts of Amsterdam where load bars and restaurants and noisy patrons would be disturbing.
We had planned to buy daily tram tickets, but you do not need them. You can walk to all the major museums, and see the sights on foot.
The climb up to our 4th floor abode we were warned about by previous reviewers and we expected it. I got fitter!
The breakfasts are as described..
We had clean towels every day. We felt pampered.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I throughly enjoyed my 4 day stay at Hotel Keizershof in Amsterdam. The hotel is located within walking distance to all the sights. My room (Charlie Chaplin) overlooked the Keizersgracht canal and it was wonderful. I was traveling by myself and felt very safe and comfortable there. The hosts, Mary and Ernest were very nice and helpful and made me feel very welcome. I will certainly stay at Hotel Keizershof again when I return to Amsterdam. It was everything I hoped for in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: The garden side of the hotel is quieter, if you want quiet, but I wanted to be overlooking the canal...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Walnut Creek, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Keizershof for five nights in April and loved it. It's old, historic and totally charming. The location is ideal. The hosts are friendly and very helpful. The breakfasts are large and delicious (the stroopwafels are addictive!). Yes, the stairs to the upper rooms are steep. To those complaining about that, it's a canal house in Amsterdam . . . . what did you expect? We would definitely stay there in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Berryville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Keizershof for 2 nights prior to a bike and barge trip that left from Amsterdam. The hotel is nicely located - easy to get to and from the train station using the tram (just 4 stops from the station and a walk down the block); close to major museums and other sites of interest (RIjksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank House, etc.). The proprietors were friendly and helpful - providing excellent restaurant suggestions, useful information about sites to see, etc. Breakfast was substantial, delicious and relaxed. Our room, overlooking one of the many canals, was clean, comfortable and quiet - pleasant for tired travelers. As other reviewers have commented, some of the facilities are shared, but they are very well maintained and sharing did not pose any problems at all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Keizershof? Share your experiences!