“excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Keizershof

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Keizershof
You added Hotel Keizershof to your Saves list
Keizersgracht 618 | Tram 16 & 24, 4th Stop, 1017 ER Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #26 of 354 Hotels in Amsterdam
Oslo, Norway
“excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The owners of the place are amazing people. Very welcome and helpful. The room was bigger than I expected with all the amenities needed. The best of my stay there was the omelet I had for breakfast. I will never forget it. I will definitely go back there!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here with my mother from the 2ND of April until the 6th. I was in the room Marlene Dietrich, and my mother was in the lovely room r'tjofe (or something like that), which had a Delft fireplace saying to 1627... Perfect for my mother! Yes, the location is perfect, 10 minutes to the rijksmuseum or liendensplein, or even dam square, 5 minutes to the flower markets, and around 20 minutes walk to centraal station - although there is a tram just two minutes away. The amenities were fine, and the breakfast very good, but what makes this place is the family who run it... You couldn't wish for nicer, more friendly, helpful and genuinely kind people than Ernest, his sister and his mother. I've travelled far and wide, but I would choose this pace over any five star hotel. We enjoyed ourselves there so much, we went out and got them a plant for the garden and a bottle of wine to say thanks. Never done that before! I'd recommend this place to anyone. Thanks guys!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Had seen positive reviews on here and we were certainly not disappointed. Comfortable and clean (Rita Hayworth room). People very friendly and attentive to your needs. Excellent breakfast, particularly Ernest's omlette !!

Location spot on, at the heart of everything and nice setting overlooking the canal.

Would definately stay here again - fabulous !

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Not even trip advisor can give the inside scoop like the delightful family owned and operated B&B. Location is amazing and the view from my room was incredible. Absolutely can not go wrong if you stay here; no brainer. Rooms are large, tv (why would you need one?), comfortable beds, and the breakfast; wish that I had a dutch omelet now. Having a big breakfast saves a bunch of money each day. Rent a bike for the week and get an annual museum pass. Plus fresh home backed bread!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
san jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

If you can manage the stairs to the top floor, then it is a really nice place to stay. It's family run and homely, nothing fancy but again it's a B&B. Everyone I met was very helpful and friendly. The price is super reasonable for Amsterdam given breakfast is included (yes, omelet on request as well). It's at a very convenient location, within walking distance to many restaurants and various attractions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

A wonderful surprise! Three nights, and ideally located in the centre of Amsterdam. The perfect hosts, a charming house, and a magical world out the back. The best of Bed & Breakfast and hotel all in one. I am looking for an excuse to return to Amsterdam just to stay here!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed three nights at the Hotel Keizershof and I booked without difficulty on their website. I chose this hotel, which I would describe as a B & B, after looking on TripAdvisor. I was anxious about the spiral staircase so I chose my luggage with pull-along and back pack straps rather than a suit case, which was a good call. It was a bit of a huff and puff getting it up the wooden spiral stair case to the Rita Hayworth room on the third floor. HOWEVER it was absolutely worth that small struggle to be staying in a real old canal house with so much charm in a wonderfully central location with such a warm and welcoming Dutch family as our hosts.

We only rode a tram once as it was so easy to walk everywhere; the medieval centre in one direction, the museum area in the other and the two busy dining strips just a few blocks away on either side. It cost us just over 60Euros by taxi from the airport to the front door. The current rate for the room is 120 Euros per night.

Our room was quaint, comfortable and sufficiently spacious with a wall mounted flat screen television and a view over the large beautiful garden at the rear. It had a convenient bathroom with a very spacious shower. The other two rooms on that floor shared a bathroom and toilet. Of course everything was immaculately clean. I am not obsessed with food but I really looked forward to the fabulous breakfasts that Mary prepared for us each morning in the lovely ground floor kitchen-dining room-sitting room.

As for the staircase, my advice is Toughen Up Princess and remember that most of those cosy bars and cute brown cafes that you are going to love in Amsterdam will have toilets that are either up or down a spiral staircase that is probably steeper and smaller than the one at the Hotel Keizershof. It is all worth it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Keizershof? Share your experiences!