“Charm in Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Keizershof

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Keizershof
You added Hotel Keizershof to your Saves list
Keizersgracht 618, 1017 ER Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #33 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Spokane, Washington, United States
“Charm in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Hotel Keizershof is a wonderful and fairly inexpensive way to see Amsterdam. The owner is charming and the staff is very capable. Our room was spacious and quaint with a fabulous view of the canal. Wonderful breakfasts in a family setting. One of the best omelets I've ever eaten. It is situated perfectly no matter what you want to do in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Canal and garden rooms are wonderful. Depends on what you want to look at.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I made two brilliant moves in planning my trip to Amsterdam last week. One was to take a bright ribbon to tie around the handlebars of my rental bike so I could distinguish it from the thousands of other black bikes at the train station and the other, more far reaching decision was to follow Rick Steve's advice and book Hotel Keizershof for my stay. I've used his books in many countries and find them honest and spot on. In this case, I feel he actually undersold Hotel Keizershof. It was so much more amazing than I was even expecting! My room, ready early in the A.M. was on the 4th floor with big windows that opened out to the canal gardens with views of the green parakeets, church spire and ever changing sky of Holland. The room was big and immaculately clean, quiet and very private. Breakfast was incredible with freshly baked bread and a spread that held me till the late afternoon. The location couldn't be better on Keizergracht (canal) close to the museums and Vondelpark. And last, but certainly not least, the hospitality of the owners was so friendly and helpful that when I moved on, I felt 'homesick' for them! I've told so many friends who have asked about my trip this week that they HAVE to stay here! You just couldn't make a better choice and the value is great!

Room Tip: in Amsterdam if you can get a room on the interior rather than a street side room it will be quieter...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We have been to Amsterdam a few times now and we have found this the best place to stay. The location is really handy as it is very close to the tram stop which takes you to Central station, plus it is walking distance to most attractions in Amsterdam. The hotel itself is charming, we stayed in the room on the 4th floor overlooking the beautiful gardens, a really good size room and nicely decorated.
Breakfast was freshly prepared with home baked bread and a selection of cheeses.
We would be more than happy to stay here again next time we visit Amsterdam.

Santa Cruz, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

My wife and I had the wonderful opportunity to stay at the Hotel Keizershof on our recent trip to Amsterdam. It was wonderful. The room was clean and charming. Our room overlooked the beautiful garden. Mary, Ernest and Anika treated us like one of the family, sharing ideas on where to go what to see. We really felt the Dutch hospitality. I would strongly recommend the Hotel to anyone visiting Amsterdam

Key West, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed there in May. The location, hotel , and hosts are top notch. The breakfast was amazing. Mary, Ernest , and Anika are wonderful people who are genuinely hospitable. The rooms are beutiful and very spaceous. We wont stay anywhere else in Amsterdam.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I used trip adviser as a source for booking this hotel & what a great experience.
We arrived early in the morning after a 20 hour trip from Oz. Ernst greeted us with warmth & insisted we have coffee etc even if the room wasn't available for 5 hours.
Over the next 4 nights we found nothing to complain about apart from the continual rain. Mary, Ernest and Anika made us feel very welcome, the negative was the steep stairs to the room, we managed OK but if you have any mobility issues Beware.
We would stay here again in Amsterdam, central to the City & the Rijksmuseum etc

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We booked this hotel based on the tripadvisor reviews and were really excited to go. The location of the hotel was great as it was walkable distance to the main tourist area.

We were placed in the Marlene Dietrich room which was on the third floor above several spiral staircases.Walking up the stairs was fine for us but those with physical conditions may want to consider requesting a room on a lower level. The room itself was very clean and a good size. We had to share the toilet and shower with other rooms but there was never any issue when I needed to use them. The room we were in contained two single beds pushed together instead of one double bed. The gap between the beds may be a safety hazard for couples who enjoy sleeping close to each other. We were also never able to get the wifi working in our room so we'd often have to bring our phones to breakfast to check our email.

The owners were really nice and Mary recommended a very good restaurant to us the first day we were there. Breakfast was also good and Mary always made us fresh omelets.

My only reservation for going back is that they didn't seem too happy to take our credit card even though it was chosen as the method of payment when we booked the hotel. When we were checking out they said that they only take cash and we had to remind them that the original email said it was fine paying by credit so long as we accept a 5% surcharge. When we did pay, the owners seemed annoyed that we were paying by credit at all. This is definitely something that we take into account when choosing hotels as we are not comfortable carrying large amounts of cash with us especially since Amsterdam was one stop of several cities we visited. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay very much and the hotel was very good for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Keizershof? Share your experiences!