Stayed here with my wife.
Lovely hotel in a nice area.
Easy 5/10 minutes walk from Centraal Station. Easy to find.
Great view from rooms on the river.
Stairs are a little steep.
Note that if they haven't mentioned that breakfast is included do not assume. But for €7.50 I couldn't argue with the Cold Cut Buffet with all the usual bread, cheeses, Juices etc.
Only a 5 to 10 minute walk from the Red Light District and close to Tram Stops.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
Location is good for some nice restaurants and bars around the Jordaan Area.
To get a feel of what the area is like see the following links:
The room is cosy but the bathroom is more of a 2 star rating at best. No shower curtain so water pretty much goes all over the bathroom. Other than that the room itself is fine and comfortable with a 3 to 3.5 star rating.
We had room 321 which is the one pictured on their website. I have attached photo's from the room to give you and idea. Apologies for putting the pics of the bathroom up but would rather you all see what it is like prior to getting there.
Service was great.
Free internet access. We checked in online and they were happy to print out our boarding passes free which was a nice touch as some places I have stayed at charge it to your room or even charge you at the business centre.
I gave a 3 for the Room due to the bathroom. The room itself nice.
All in all I would be more than happy to stay ere again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Max Brown is situated in three monumental Amsterdam canal houses with an amazing 300-year old facade, at the corner of Amsterdam most famous canals, the Herengracht & the Brouwersgracht. You’re in Hipsterdam the moment you check-in when you pick up your key from the guy or girl behind the impressive bar. You can choose to go straight up to your cosy room or to take a seat at the living room bar. Or at one of the comfy tables, chairs and sofa to gather around with a drink and some delicious bar bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Venere, EasyToBook and Odigeo so you can book your Max Brown Hotel Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chic & Basic Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Chic And Basic Amsterdam
- Chic Basic Hotel Amsterdam