We arrived on Friday and were greeted by friendly, helpful staff. Our room was 004. Small but perfect for a city stay as we spent hardly any time in our room. The shower room was small but again fine for our needs . Storage space is minimal .This room is on the ground floor and accessed by going out through an open area but a very small distance so again not a problem and I was grateful not to have to negotiate the steep stairs . The beds and pillows very fab. Location is perfect on the canal and only a 5 min walk to the train station and lovely bars and restaurants also Dam square and the Anne Frank house .Breakfast was certainly basic and very disappointing but free tea and coffee is available all day. The staff were excellent during our stay recommending places to eat , helping with transport arrangements etc. This is good value , clean modern, accomodation in an excellent location at a reasonable price in an expensive city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Max Brown is gevestigd in drie monumentale Amsterdamse grachtenpanden met een 300-jaar oude gevel, op de hoek van Amsterdams meest beroemde grachten, de Herengracht en de Brouwersgracht. Je bent in Hipsterdam vanaf het moment dat je je incheckt bij de "ambassadors" van Amsterdam die achter de indrukwekkende bar staan. Je kan ervoor kiezen om direct naar je hippe kamer te gaan, maar natuurlijk kan je ook alvast even plaatsnemen aan de bar of onze social space om een drankje te doen met wat hapjes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Booking.com and EasyToBook so you can book your Max Brown Hotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chic And Basic Amsterdam
- Chic & Basic Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Chic Basic Hotel Amsterdam