Guess what? It is all about location which could not be better..on the side of a canal mid way between the seedier side of Amsterdam and the beauty of the canal system. Fantastic location. Sure the rooms are a bit small but frankly you are not paying for the rooms...you will be asleep!
Hotel is fabulous from the outside and modern on the inside. Staff were great, very helpful and pleasant. It is always good to have a laugh with the staff.
Great restaurants surround the hotel in every direction and you are on the edge of the Jordaan area of Amsterdam which is incredible. Every where is a walk and for those of you brave enough a bike ride!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Max Brown is situated in three monumental Amsterdam canal houses with an amazing 300-year old facade, at the corner of Amsterdam most famous canals, the Herengracht & the Brouwersgracht. You’re in Hipsterdam the moment you check-in when you pick up your key from the guy or girl behind the impressive bar. You can choose to go straight up to your cosy room or to take a seat at the living room bar. Or at one of the comfy tables, chairs and sofa to gather around with a drink and some delicious bar bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HRS, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Max Brown Hotel Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chic And Basic Amsterdam
- Chic & Basic Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Chic Basic Hotel Amsterdam