“Nice...after all :)” 3 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Prices are for rooms, adults
PC Hooft Hotel
Save Saved
You added PC Hooft Hotel to your Saves list
PC Hooftstraat 63 | Museum Quarter, 1071 BN Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #319 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Nice...after all :)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2005

Well, the thing is we (and "we" being my girlfriend and I) spent a night in a not ventilated dorm, so the fact that we finally found a double room, due to a "tall ship something", adds a lot to my grade of this, after all pleasent place.
It's situated in the street of the same name, PC Hooft, which is the most exclusive shoping place in Amsterdam. The guy who works there gave us a triple bed room for the two of us, so it was a nice start. for the price of 26 Euros per person, we got bed&breakfast-not much of it, but for a shorter stay, it will get you through the morning. Well, the worst thing is THEY HAVE MICE!!! So just don't keep your food in your room, and it will be OK.
All the best!

And the stairs are a sight of their own kind, but not a big problem...

• Stayed August 2005

Families
Solo
Business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2005

I stayed here for 2 nights in a 3-person room on the top floor. My first piece of advice: if you hate stairs, don't come here. The walk up to the first floor is almost a straight vertical, especially scary on the way down. Since our room was on the top floor we had two more stories to climb, which is a hike after a long day of walking. Ask for a room without the high windows, since we coudn't even see out of ours without climbing on a chair. The toilet in the hallway is small but clean, though I was a little disappointed by the shower, which was a little grimy (I brought shower shoes). The room itself was nice, and the beds were comfortable. The staff were very friendly and gave us advice on what to see in the city. I would say its best feature is its location, on a very chic shopping street and right next to all the major museums. If you're on a budget, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2005

This is a fabulous Hotel. The location is great, in a quieter part of town. Totally within walking to Muesums, restaurants and town. Although it is serviced by tram too for those who hate walking! The staff are friendly and the rooms very clean. The Breakfast is rolls, eggs, ham, cheese and coffee/tea and all for £50 - £65 (depending if you want your own bathroom or not.

For a 1 star hotel you can't get better!!! Definately recommend this place

-----

• Stayed May 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2005

The PC Hooft had a great location - right by Vondel park and a 5 minute walk from the Leidsplien.

Its a one star hotel and there is not elevator and most of the rooms share a bathroom.

This might seem like a problem for many Americans who are used to Ramada style accomodations but it is not bad at all.

There were separate toilets for men and women and two shower rooms shared between 8 or so rooms on our floor. The bathrooms were clean and I never had to wait for the other guests during my five night stay. Each room had its own sink.

The rooms were small but comfortable enough. I don't think the rooms were air conditioned but I am not sure as we were there in April it wasn't necessary.

Breakfast is included - it is served until 11 am and included hard boiled eggs, ham & cheese, coffee, tea juice and rolls with jam.

All in all my brother and I were very happy with the service and rooms at a cost of 50 Euro a night.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2004

What a friendly place! I have stayed at this hotel three times on my numeorus visits to Amsterdam and have always left wanting to come back. In a superb location just outside the city by the Vondelpark and Rijksmuseum but with excellent walking access to all of the city centre attractions this is far and away one of the better budget options. Ok, the rooms are not luxury and sharing a shower and toilet is a drag but here it is a lot better than many other options. It is also a lovely traditional Dutch building on the most swanky street in Holland! And if your going to complain about climbing stairs while in Amsterdam your obviously a really fun person who knows how to have a good time! Its all part of the experience and if you do get a room on the top floor you should consider yourselves lucky for the free yet breathtaking views of the city. And I have always found the breakfast to be just fine.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2002

This hotel was advertised in Time Out. No mention was made of the fact that you would need a Sherpa to guide you up the practically vertical stairs. Our double room was on the top floor so we had to climb about 45-50 steps up and down. The stench of smoke in the room was appalling. Burning incense and opening the window had no effect. Make sure you sleep with someone you get on with really well as you will be very close to them all night (due to the fact that the bed slopes down from either side into the middle). The breakfast was pretty average for the continent. The toilet was tiny, the paper provided was more smear than wipe. The shower was mouldy and uninviting. We went home tired, dirty and exhausted! The only good thing about it was the fact that it was pretty much within walking distance of the centre of town. All this for 65 euros a night. Try the Ibis instead!

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to PC Hooft Hotel? Share your experiences!