“We had a nice stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bicycle Hotel

You added Bicycle Hotel to your Saves list
Bicycle Hotel
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Van Ostadestraat 123 | The Pijp, 1072 SV Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #144 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
amsterdam
“We had a nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed in room 2.2. A nice big room with a balcony overlooking the gardens. Shower and toilet inside the room. The room was clean and the beds slept really well. The staff is very helpfull
The breakfast was unlimited.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

When I have booked here the web site hasn't been very clear about the payment. 7£ of difference between internet price and Hotel price! A part this, the staff is kind, room and cleanliness in the average.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Compared to other hostels in Amsterdam, this place was very reasonable. Yes it is quite far out, however if you rent bikes from there it isn't that bad. Renting the bikes was one of the best bits of out trip! Breakfast was fine, the location is very hard to find, its of a side road so we did get lost. The steps are very steep, but all the building in Amsterdam are. The room was fine, there is a bed in the far end, its like a porch, which was chilly in January! It was very clean and quiet at night, and staff were helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Trondheim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I went to Amsterdam to attend ADE and I wasn't prepared to spend a lot on accomodation. This hotel in De Pijp suited me quite well. The rooms are quite basic, the beds might not be the most comfy and many rooms have shared bathroom and toilet. The room I stayed at was on first floor (which means less steep stairs to climb), had a bunk bed and had windows towards the backyard.
The mirror above the sink stood out so much it was somewhat inconvenient when brushing the teeth.

However, the neighbourhood is quiet and the staff are really friendly. The best thing still is the cheap bike rental service. It's a lot more hassle free than using any of the usual bike rental shops. But I did have some problem with one of the bike's padlock which got stuck a couple of times, which was quite inconvenient for me that day.

The hotel prefer to have the stay paid upfront but they were quite willing to wait until I was able to pay.

All in all I can recommend this hotel for budget travellers, there is after all lots more to do in Amsterdam rather than staying at the hotel. As it's easy (and cheaper) to get around Amsterdam on bike the bike rental is a big plus. But the hotel might not be for everyone.

Room Tip: The stairs are rather steep, as you'ld expect in Amsterdam, so if that's a problem try to ge...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Staying at the Bicycle hotel was pleasant, had a lovely comfortable bed, friendly staff and I would stay here again, 20 min walking distance to the centre, I have 10 characters more to write. enjoy Amsterdam

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

When we arrived at this hostel...I mean hotel... we were greeted by a really lovely gentleman who was helpful and made us feel very welcome. The website said we could check in at 2 but we were actually told we could only check in from 4 which although inconvenient wasn't a disaster as the area surrounding the hotel is actually lovely, its right near the street market and the little roads leading up to that are full of cool little cafes and restaurants.

When we were finally checked in and taken to the rooms I was hugely disappointed. Despite asking for two double rooms, we were given two rooms with two single beds pushed together. The pillows were so hard which made the beds really uncomfortable. There was no soap in the bathroom and although there was the offer of clean towels if you left your towels outside of the room, when we did the towels were taken away and not replaced. When we went down to ask for fresh towels, we were told that they had only just finished being washed (at 6:30pm) and were still damp so my boyfriend was forced to dry himself with a damp towel. I noticed another guest asking if there was any soap or shampoo available, to which he was curtly told-no. I wouldn't have expected much if I knew I was staying in a hostel however for the price we paid (over 100 euros a night), I would have expected much better.

The breakfast was adequate, selection of cereals and bread provided (to toast at your table), salami and cheeses were also provided. coffee machine was probably the best bit.

Overall it was a nice place to stay, just hugely overpriced for what you got, had it been cheaper-i.e hostel prices I wouldnt have scored it so low, but in terms of value for money it was terrible and I wouldnt reccommend staying here as there are plenty of other hotels in this price range that are nicer. It seems to come up as a good hotel when you search in Amsterdam but i'd say keep looking!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bicycle Hotel? Share your experiences!