“Very good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Apple Inn

You added Hotel Apple Inn to your Saves list
Hotel Apple Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Koninginneweg 93, 1075 CJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #60 of 343 Hotels in Amsterdam
Stourport
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

A really nice hotel. Staff were very helpful, polite and friendly. Hotel was in a quiet location but still had good access to the city centre via the trams. Breakfast was good and room was nice. Toilets were a little small but this was only a minor thing. The maid service was also excellent. Thank you to all staff for making our stay so pleasurable.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 3 nights last week. Would have to say it is a very very nice hotel with very helpful staff. It's located on the edge of the city centre & is a very easy 15mins tram ride into the DAM area where all the bars and other tourist attractions are. Well worth the cost & due to its location, away from the hustle & bustle. Only minor issue was the double bed consisted of 2 single mattresses. I know it's a small detail but a big bug bear of mine, if I pay for a double, that's what I expect. Be warned that the tram route (No 2) is is currently is currently under reconstruction so come back from town means a 800m walk. Also, there are 9th er construction works nearby but they can't be heard & don't disturb you during the night. The rooms are very basic (ikea) although the monsoon shower is very good. The area is very safe with a Police Station located 400m away ( wasn't needed). Would definately stay here again, but would request a 2nd blanket to lay across the mattress to prevent the sore back again

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We arrived earlier than expected so we wasn't expecting our rooms to be ready and they wasn't, however the hotel safely stored our luggage so we could head into town. If you know Amsterdam this is not a bad area to stay as its close to the Vondel Park which leads you into Central Dam. The stairs are extremely steep so they would be difficult for some, the rooms are quite basic to say the least (most hotels offer a kettle / refreshments) and as quite a few people have mentioned it sounds like the walls have holes in as the noise is extremely loud, we felt bad coming in at night and walking up the stairs due to the amount of creaking they made.

Although we had a great trip we would not return to this hotel on our next visit to Dam.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Horsham, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Check in was nice and easy, room ready on time. The stairs are pretty steep but luckily we were only on first floor. You don't get told anything about breakfast times (luckily there is a manual in the room) or about check out time.

We asked twice on different days for snacks in the evening to be told that they didn't have anything (even though there is a bar snack menu) and the hotel isn't located near a shop unless you fancy a 15 minute walk.

Room itself was big enough for two, but if you are a new couple (luckily we Arnt) then may be quite embarrassing as you can hear everything through the toilet door. You can also hear everyone above you and next to you as the walls are paper thin.

No point putting out the "do not disturb" sign if you fancy a lay in because the cleaners start doing the rooms early and they seem to shout at each other constantly whilst doing so.

Don't rent bikes from the hotel as they cost a lot more than the ones from the centre.

Breakfast was pretty rubbish. The only "hot food" was Cold "mini sausages", congealed beans and cold scrambled egg. Lots of cold meats and breads to choose from though and a few hard boiled eggs and some muesli/cereals.

Was an ok hotel to just get your head down at the end of the day but other than that....wouldn't stay again.

Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here in Febuary for 3 nights. Thought the hotel was amazing on the first night. Rooms are lovely, and we had a balcony also looking down onto the courtyard. Bathrooms were also beautiful and the shower is amazing.

That night I was constantly waking from people coming in late. You can constantly hear everything in the hallways and even from the next room. But as this is an old building, this was expected and I got over it.

The next morning I was in the shower and my alarm went off (which is music) and my boyfriend had headphones in so he didnt hear it. The second I heard it I went out and turned off the alarm and then there was a knock on the door from 'reception'. I opened the door to the receptionist saying we got a noise complaint - to which I apologized and tried to explain this was my alarm,but she was pushing her hand on the door and was trying to get into the room. I wasn't very comfortable with this. it was a bit strange.

We then left for the day and came back to get changed for dinner that evening. When we came back down stairs I went to ask the receptionist (different woman) how to pay for trams. She interuptted me to basically give out to me about the noise complaint. I tried to explain again this was my alarm but she wasn't hearing any of it. She also then proceeded to give out to me about the fact that when we had left that day we never handed our key in. When we checked in I was told it was an option, but now it became mandatory....conviently.

The next day when leaving we were reminded AGAIN that we had a noise complaint the day before. At this stage I was sick of trying to explain that this was my alarm and just walked away. Our complaint was also reminded when we were checking out.

I would not reccomend anyone to stay here - and I was embarrassed that I picked this 'hotel' as it was a Christmas present.

Room Tip: These stairs are very very steep, so if you have trouble walking up them, ask for a ground floor roo...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Algeciras, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

all rooms are double (except one we were told on arrival) but they promise you a twin room because all beds are 2 singles pushed together, although they cannot be moved apart, the walls are paper thin and you can hear EVERYTHING. We were woken up to the next room playing music and singing and the staff failed to handle this. The staff is nice but lack professional training. Last but not least we both got bedbugs, which sadly could only be from this hotel as we moved hotel and they gradually but very quickly disappeared. The staff took photos of the bites to pass onto the management but they have not bothered even sending an apology for any of this.
breakfast was excellent and the hotel is overall clean but do to the incorrect room type, being woken up and mostly the bed bugs, I can sadly only give one star

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
apple i, Manager at Hotel Apple Inn, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Sir,

I have to apologise for any inconvenience you found in our hotel. Numerous of positive feedback and satisfied guests led us to the point that our service was great. Unfortunately you came across coincidences which affected your pleasant stay.

The one which struck me was the incident with the bedbugs . We seriously have not been having any of them since our total renovation of last year. We called specialists and they said that it was a single random incident of bugs transferred by a previous guest to our hotel room and now they are again totally exterminated.
Our beds are made of special materials which do not get bedbugs or any other type of insects and I consider that incident most unfortunate.

Again, my deepest apologies about all those issues.

Best regards,
Gilyana.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here in feb and was a lovely hotel with fantastic value for money! Deserves more starts then it is.
Room where stylish and very clean. Great shower. Breakfast was good. Easy to get onto the tram to get straight to the centre but we did get lost on the way back!!
Special thanks to Yakup who was brilliant!
Would defiantly return here again!

• Stayed February 2015

Been to Hotel Apple Inn? Share your experiences!