“Ok. ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Apple Inn

You added Hotel Apple Inn to your Saves list
Hotel Apple Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Koninginneweg 93, 1075 CJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #60 of 343 Hotels in Amsterdam
Horsham, England, United Kingdom
“Ok. ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Check in was nice and easy, room ready on time. The stairs are pretty steep but luckily we were only on first floor. You don't get told anything about breakfast times (luckily there is a manual in the room) or about check out time.

We asked twice on different days for snacks in the evening to be told that they didn't have anything (even though there is a bar snack menu) and the hotel isn't located near a shop unless you fancy a 15 minute walk.

Room itself was big enough for two, but if you are a new couple (luckily we Arnt) then may be quite embarrassing as you can hear everything through the toilet door. You can also hear everyone above you and next to you as the walls are paper thin.

No point putting out the "do not disturb" sign if you fancy a lay in because the cleaners start doing the rooms early and they seem to shout at each other constantly whilst doing so.

Don't rent bikes from the hotel as they cost a lot more than the ones from the centre.

Breakfast was pretty rubbish. The only "hot food" was Cold "mini sausages", congealed beans and cold scrambled egg. Lots of cold meats and breads to choose from though and a few hard boiled eggs and some muesli/cereals.

Was an ok hotel to just get your head down at the end of the day but other than that....wouldn't stay again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here in Febuary for 3 nights. Thought the hotel was amazing on the first night. Rooms are lovely, and we had a balcony also looking down onto the courtyard. Bathrooms were also beautiful and the shower is amazing.

That night I was constantly waking from people coming in late. You can constantly hear everything in the hallways and even from the next room. But as this is an old building, this was expected and I got over it.

The next morning I was in the shower and my alarm went off (which is music) and my boyfriend had headphones in so he didnt hear it. The second I heard it I went out and turned off the alarm and then there was a knock on the door from 'reception'. I opened the door to the receptionist saying we got a noise complaint - to which I apologized and tried to explain this was my alarm,but she was pushing her hand on the door and was trying to get into the room. I wasn't very comfortable with this. it was a bit strange.

We then left for the day and came back to get changed for dinner that evening. When we came back down stairs I went to ask the receptionist (different woman) how to pay for trams. She interuptted me to basically give out to me about the noise complaint. I tried to explain again this was my alarm but she wasn't hearing any of it. She also then proceeded to give out to me about the fact that when we had left that day we never handed our key in. When we checked in I was told it was an option, but now it became mandatory....conviently.

The next day when leaving we were reminded AGAIN that we had a noise complaint the day before. At this stage I was sick of trying to explain that this was my alarm and just walked away. Our complaint was also reminded when we were checking out.

I would not reccomend anyone to stay here - and I was embarrassed that I picked this 'hotel' as it was a Christmas present.

Room Tip: These stairs are very very steep, so if you have trouble walking up them, ask for a ground floor roo...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Algeciras, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

all rooms are double (except one we were told on arrival) but they promise you a twin room because all beds are 2 singles pushed together, although they cannot be moved apart, the walls are paper thin and you can hear EVERYTHING. We were woken up to the next room playing music and singing and the staff failed to handle this. The staff is nice but lack professional training. Last but not least we both got bedbugs, which sadly could only be from this hotel as we moved hotel and they gradually but very quickly disappeared. The staff took photos of the bites to pass onto the management but they have not bothered even sending an apology for any of this.
breakfast was excellent and the hotel is overall clean but do to the incorrect room type, being woken up and mostly the bed bugs, I can sadly only give one star

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed here in feb and was a lovely hotel with fantastic value for money! Deserves more starts then it is.
Room where stylish and very clean. Great shower. Breakfast was good. Easy to get onto the tram to get straight to the centre but we did get lost on the way back!!
Special thanks to Yakup who was brilliant!
Would defiantly return here again!

• Stayed February 2015
Dundee, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We chose the Apple Inn for our Valentine's weekend in Amsterdam. Very glad we did - it's a lovely friendly place in a quiet area of town, not too far from the city centre by tram. Our room was clean and fresh; no bath but a good shower. The staff were very friendly and helpful (special shout-out to Sonja).

The stairs really are very steep and there's no lift. We didn't mind, but people who are not so sure on their feet would struggle - forewarned is forearmed. (Narrow buildings with steep narrow staircases are normal for traditional properties in Amsterdam.)

We only had breakfast one day but it was fine. (I'd always rather get up early and grab some fresh pastries from a neighbourhood bakery). WiFi is free and fast, which is all that really matters these days!

The hotel is 15 minutes from the Rijksmuseum on foot (but I walk really quickly - allow 25mins!). It would take the best part of an hour to walk all the way into town, but the city-bound #2 tram passes by the hotel.

Top tip: if you're flying into Schipol, take the train from the airport to Centraal Station, then take the #2, #16 or #24 tram from outside the station. Get off the tram at Valeriusplein. Walk through the little grassy park to Koninginneweg then take a right. You'll be at the Apple Inn in less than a minute.

Another top tip: Amsterdam cyclists seem to have their own set of road-rules - beware of bikes at all times!

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

All in all the hotel met my expectations. It was quite small, though clean and with friendly staff.
Location wise - it is placed in a nice area of the city. A bit war away to say that is in walking distance - but the Tram line really ensures a convenient and quick connection.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Such lovely staff: katiya and Sonja were so friendly and helpful. Thank you :)
Really clean and relaxing! We will return! Perfect location, easy access into Amsterdam town and the staff were unbelievable welcome and helpful. Where always helpful to give directions, make sure we where confortable and really lovely. Thanks for the great time.
Sam&Andreia

• Stayed January 2015

Been to Hotel Apple Inn? Share your experiences!