First the positives. Very good location. Just off the tram station on willemsparkweg. Friendly staff, met Thomas and Tom. Sweet to offer coffee when we came.
The Negatives were more glaring though:
1) The rooms are very cramped. After you keep your suitcase, there is hardly space to move.
2) The beds are ridiculously uncomfortable.
3) While we asked for a double bed and were confirmed so by the website, we got two single beds shafted together.
4) We asked for a 5 am wake up call since we had a train to catch. No call came. I found this really surprising especially since we were assured we will get a call. It may seem like no big deal, but really small, inexpensive hotels in India give you a wake up call, when you ask for it.
5) The flight of stairs to climb in this hotel can be a pain, if you have big luggage. They are supremely narrow stairs. I had asked for help for taking the luggage down in the morning, but since there was nobody about, i brought down one of the suitcases myself. Thankfully, the guard woke up and helped me with the second, without which I would certainly have deemed this a 1 star review.
For the money spent, i felt vastly disappointed. We had spent two days prior to this in a B&B in Amsterdam at a fraction in this price and felt so looked after.
Vinay & Nidhi