“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 10 sites
Save Saved
You added Hotel The Neighbour's Magnolia to your Saves list
Hotel The Neighbour's Magnolia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Willemsparkweg 205, 1071 HB Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly Hotel Zandbergen)   |
Ranked #46 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, really nice staff. The rooms are comftable and clean but NO ELEVATOR so you have to climb the stairs.

The hotel is a bit far from the city center, you neet to take the tram or bikes or go for 30 min to the center.

Anyway, we had a nice stay and we'll come back! Recommend you all.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I spent three days in Amsterdam and stayed in this hotel. Everything was perfect: location, my room (#5), breakfast, service . I followed the recommendations of my sister and her son who stayed in this hotel couple of years ago. I am glad that I picked this hotel for my stay. It was absolutely enjoyable to be there. I booked it directly through the hotel. Tessa is terrific. She responded right away and did all what I asked her to do. I used the shuttle bus to get here from the airport $17 cost, 15 minutes ride. I recommend this hotel with no reservations to anybody who is perusing the perfection.

Room Tip: I stayed in room humbler five. It was away from the street. Very quiet I could hear the birds singi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

It's almost like at home! A lovely toy dog is waiting for you in your bed when you come back in your room in the hotel after long day. Warm croissants and delicious jam in smart glass jars are waiting you for breakfast. Organic bathgel&shampoo with nice smell is waiting you for fresh shower.
Staff is really united team - from small smiling mulatto boy (cleaning rooms) to tall handsome blond guy at reception, and everyone is very sympathetic and helpful!
I wish one day I'll be back)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
ManagementMagnolia, Owner at Hotel The Neighbour's Magnolia, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
You made us smile with your nice comments. And we will do our utmost to keep the team together to welcome you back during your next trip to Amsterdam! They are indeed a great bunch of people, we are proud.
Welwyn Garden City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed here with a friend for a long weekend exploring Amsterdam. Having visited Amsterdam before I took the decision to look for a hotel out of the centre and chose this one due to the Trip Advisor previous reviews.
I booked directly with the hotel and that was easy to do.
Before we arrived I told them we were going to be there very early as we had a 6am flight from UK, they were happy to store our luggage until check in time and when we arrived back after a day out shopping and exploring our cases were in our rooms! They even made us a cup of tea before we headed out!
I had a one bedroom room on the first floor, up a typically steep set of 'Amsterdam' stairs, relatively easy to climb as long as you don't have a case!!
My room was spotless, very comfy bed under the window with a TV, small desk, chair, case stand. There was a hanging shelf for clothes. The bathroom was a wet room with a very efficient shower and toiletries.
My room was on the front of the house so with the window open it was fairly noisy with the trams trundling up and down. This wasn't a problem with the window closed and no worse than any other city.
I really loved the feel of the place, the staff were efficient and very friendly. They were able to give us lots of information about trams and the area around the hotel. We decided to take a shuttle from the airport and the staff phoned to book our return trip.
Breakfast was a fairly simple affair, but it was nice plenty of hot drinks and freshly baked croissants, cold meat, cheese, cereals and fruits.
They also had an honesty bar where you could make yourself a cup of tea or have a drink in the living /breakfast room area. I really like this idea great after a day exploring before hitting the town again at night!
The real added bonus was the free internet, all hotels should have internet and this one had fast internet - Brilliant!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are noisier, but not a huge problem. The stairs are very steep typical of Amsterd...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for you feedback, very detailed.

It is correct that the rooms at the front can be a bit noisy when you leave the window open, but as you say, just like anywhere else. But they are double glazed and isolate very well and as it is a quiet neighbourhood traffic slows down very early and the tram stops running around midnight. The breakfast buffet is based on the 'continental' items, all fresh and bread is baked a la minute. We decided to keep it simple but with a good quality.

So again, thank you for your compliment & staying with us and see you again.
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed in this room for 1 night during a Europe car trip.

It was surprisingly great! The value we paid vs value received is great. The room was very modern and comfortable.

The staff was very helpful. We were about 20 minutes away from most of the main attractions in Amsterdam. We also bought some tickets to events/museums from the hotel and saved the line.

If I go back to Amsterdam, I'd definitely recommend this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
new delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

For me, the visit to amsterdam was all about Van Gogh and this place was perfect for that. The museum block was down the road which also had Rijk and Staedlijk . To add to that, the towncentre is a short tram ride away and we preferred to walk.
The hotel is just perfect with a very friendly staff, super clean and ours was in the adjoining building with a great sit out. The size of the room was especially astounding and our only crib was that it shouldnt have had their laundry right next to the front door.

We didnt take breakfast as there are great options around. I would definitely choose this place during my next trip too

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagementMagnolia, Owner at Hotel The Neighbour's Magnolia, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for your nice comments for the team. I will make sure also our housekeeping department gets your remark on the cleanliness of the room, they deserve it, great you thought of them as well. Look forward to seeing you again!
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed here recently when the Apple Inn ( up the road) had overbooked. Despite being "dropped" upon them at a busy time I was made to feel really welcome and the (studio) room was great. A lovely small hotel and I will stay here again I'm in Amsterdam

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hotel The Neighbour's Magnolia? Share your experiences!