“oh my god..” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Belfort Hotel

Save Saved
You added Belfort Hotel to your Saves list
Belfort Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Surinameplein 53, 1058 GN Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #338 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Kuopio, Finland
“oh my god..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

never, ever! breakfast was poor, coffee was horrible, room smelled.. paperthin walls, you could hear your neighbour fart. dirty and filthy. drafty and cold. nearly spoiled my whole stay in Amsterdam. Tram stop near.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Turkish first
Stirling, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Arriving at hotel to check in the reception staff were rude, didnt speak and very vauge with room direction. The room its self was terrible small cramped and damp. The plaster was falling off the walls, ceiling panels covered in mould and damp, windows didnt open and curtains didnt close properly not good especially as our room was on ground floor. The shower room was disgusting looked like it hadnt been cleaned in months and when i complained the girl on reception didnt seem at all surprised or sorry, they did come and make an effort to clean it when we went out but not to a satisfactory level. Right on a main road with paper thin walls left us with a very noisy stay and little sleep. I have no idea when this hotel got its 3 star rating ive stayed in nicer hostels. Speaking to the locals we discovered we could stay in a hotel called Eden right in city centre for the same price, much nicer and clean! AVOID this hotel at all costs i wouldnt send my dog to stay there.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is not a 3 star hotel it should be listed somewhere between Hostel and Hotel. I stayed here with my wife last weekend, I booked it through easyjet so I will be a lot more careful in future. It is situated a good brisk 30 minute walk from the edge of the town centre. The bedroom walls are so thin you can hear everything said in the next room. The stair carpet is threadbare and most of the floors creak as you walk along. The majority of guests during our stay were men, I only saw two other women there in three days and they didn't look happy. The Chinese reception staff were helpful and polite but the woman in the breakfast room is a piece of work. The outside of the building tells you all you need to know before you walk through the front door. Even the cab driver didn't look happy at leaving us there and although he didn't run it down he couldn't find anything good to say either. It is handy for the airport but I imagine so are all the others. The breakfast is plentiful (for continental) but I couldn't say how fresh it was, it could have been the same stuff coming out each morning. The coffee is stewed in an urn all morning, I say coffee because I can't think it was anything else. we had a double bed with single bed bedding. the traffic noise coming through the window (which was closed) drives you mad after a while and you have to get out. The bar could be 24 hour but I never saw anyone in it, the only reason to drink there would be to forget where you were. I feel I should finish on a positive, Amsterdam was lovely.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

To start off if u want to go into the city then I would not stay here as it is way to far out to think about walking. You need to rent bikes which I would recommend red light bikes which is just off vondel park. The service in the hotel was rubbish the receptionist was unhelpful and just not a nice person. The pillow was like a slab of concrete with a pillow case and when I asked for another 1 I just got a worse pillow. The shower was do bad it was like getting urinated on and I struggled having a proper wash. I would not recommend this hotel unless you didn't care about your holiday!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Leuven, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

this is a 1 start hotel rather than 3, well you could stay here overnight but do not expect a conformable room or reasonable breakfast. Although park with all the multiple resto's and cafe's is 5 min walk away, would not recommend the place

Room Tip: stay away if you have a choice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Belfort Hotel? Share your experiences!