“City Break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Prins Hendrik

Save Saved
You added Hotel Prins Hendrik to your Saves list
Hotel Prins Hendrik
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prins Hendrikkade 52 - 57, 1012 AC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Ranked #192 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Ballymoney
“City Break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed in this hotel as a family for a few days in August, before kids went back to school. Hotel was very close to train station which was good and made a good base for our first visit to city.
Room was spacious and clean and had everything we needed except a kettle! Huge windows overlooking Centraal Station. Noise from street outside just added to city life and wasn't too bad.
Breakfast was OK, just what you would expect when in Europe. Staff were friendly and helpful. We booked hotel last minute so it was a little bit on the pricey side. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great place and Location.
The only letdown for me, was the lack of free Wifi, yes you could buy 5 Euro's worth of internet time.

Take note!
Wifi is free in most public places in the United Kingdom, eg Bars, hotels, trains stations even banks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We are four women traveling to UK, FR, NL for 12 days. We booked this location (close to the train, 4 single beds, close to action). Room was large, clean, dated. Breakfast included. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Thank you Matt for your guidance. Our room faced the train station, 2nd floor. It was loud. Again, we picked based on location, beds,etc. we knew this before, so be advised. Beds are soft. There is an elevator, but there may be stairs to the room or a small step to the bathroom.

Room Tip: If possible higher floor may drown out some noise and smoke smells
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This Hotel is a pleasant Home away from home. Staff very helpful, answered all my questions. And then there is the very excellent coffee, that too is a reason to come back. I arrived by train and sure enough, the Hotel is a short walk away from Amsterdam Central. Travelling by myself, I need a place where I feel safe. Hotel Prins Hendrik is the place I will stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Selkirk, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I chose to spend a couple of days in Amsterdam to break up a long trip from the middle of Canada to Rwanda. This hotel offers an excellent location, central to the train station, Red Light District, exhibitions, etc. - a great base from which to tour the city. The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was surprisingly good with a wide array of tasty selections.
The staff were amazingly helpful - I had to finalize my visa for Rwanda while in Amsterdam and they were 100% helpful. Hotel Prins Hendrick is great value for the money and the staff extremely helpful for the traveller.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The service was very good. All the staff were friendly and polite. The fact that breakfast was included was a bonus, it was plentiful and a good selection.
The room was pretty basic but decent. We had a double room and the bed was a really good size and comfortable. The location was great, absolutely excellent. Close to Amsterdam's Centraal Station. Also shops, bars, all amenities, including popular tourist attractions.

The only slightly negative was the fact that our room overlooked the street, therefore very noisy in the nightime. However, this would not prevent us from using this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I wanted to stay at a place near the Amsterdam Central Station. I came across the Hotel Prins Hendrik,on the street with the same name. You can literally see The train station from the hotel lobby and bar. I checked in with (Thomas) the front desk guy. He was great,funny,nice and accommodating. He checked me in swiftly. Which I was glad,I was in need of a shower badly.
I had been out touring the sights and it was a really hot day in Amsterdam that day.
I took the small elevator up to the first floor to my room. I opened the door,and WOE!
The room was filled with the smell of marijuana! (The window was open,so I'm sure that's where the smell was coming from.) There's no Air conditioning ,so I had no choice,but to leave the window open.
Now,mind you,I knew marijuana was legal in Amsterdam . So,I didn't mind,I even found my situation funny.
Anyways, the room was a single with two twin beds,a desk and chair. A T.V. hung from the wall.
An annoying step down then another step up lead to the bathroom.(I kept tripping over the steps.) The bathroom was really clean and looked brand new. A shower and tub combo. A shampoo/body wash dispenser hung in the tub. Near the sink was another soap dispenser for washing up.
The hotel offered a lovely continental breakfast. A typical buffet of sliced meats and cheeses. Fresh fruit,apple,oranges and bananas. Cereal,breads,croissants, Hot tea and coffee.
You can sit by the open door while eating and enjoy views of the Central Station and canal.

The hotel is in a great location,close to the red light district,canals and museums. I took the hop on hop off bus which included a canal cruise. Loved it!
I would recommend this hotel to the casual traveler,that want a clean room , great location and value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Prins Hendrik? Share your experiences!