“What else can you say?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of RHO Hotel

Save Saved
You added RHO Hotel to your Saves list
RHO Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   NES 05-23, 1012 KC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Ranked #115 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
New Zealand
“What else can you say?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Excellent in all aspects, stayed here for 2 nights with our two teenagers (had 2 rooms next to each other on the first floor) in late January. Arrived early but the room was ready and from the lovely welcome to storing our bags for 10 hours on the day of departure everything was great. Clean and warm, good breakfast and excellent reception staff who where so helpful with great sightseeing advice and ticket info and local area knowledge. You couldn't better the location - right on Dam Square basically and we have already recommended to friends and will be telling our travel agent as this was a hotel we had sourced ourselves using Trip Advisor! We will certainly stay here again thanks team RHO.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

1,186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Marbella, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

choose this hotel because my husband was here when he was young with his childhood friend, the hotel is very central and you can walk everywhere..located right at the Dam Square...the only downside was, we walked to the red light district and around in search for a restaurant and we were stoned because of the strong smell of whatever they smoke there in amsterdam...anyway, we really enjoy our short stay and will be back

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Ideally situated in a quiet street in the centre of Amsterdam within walking distance of all forms of transport (including bus tours, walking tours and canal trips) for comprehensive sightseeing. Easy access to many of the sights, shops and hundreds of restaurants and bars. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The beds are extremely comfortable and breakfast is varied and plentiful with platters replenished up til 10.30.
We were a party of 10 and no-one had any complaints.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the central courtyard are completely quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Short retrospective October 2012: We stayed here when visiting Amsterdam for a Keane gig at the Heineken Music Hall (nice modern music venue next to the Ajax stadium, short train journey where the stadium/venue are right next to the train station, by design, along with ashopping and restaurants etc)

Rho is central, rooms were clean and comfortable and bed/shower was fine. We were attracted by the Art Deco billing but this is simply the reception area, our room was in an added section, which was a bit of a dark and dreary walk from the Art Deco airy bright recepetion area.

Breakfast was very basic, and we had only pancakes and coffee, filter coffee percolator jugs on heated servers were replenished frequently, I would say this is one of the best hotel coffees I have drank (but a matter of personal taste).

The staff made this stay for us as we got our concert tickets delivered to the hotel and they helped us solve a slight problem on that front, they were very friendly and helpful, and I'm not sure that I thanked them properly at the time...which I'm doing now!

I would dtay again, and certainly if you want a central location reasonably close to Amsertdam Centraal. The hotel is on Dam Square on the edge of the red light district but nothing in your face in the immediate vicinity. We did not venture in that direction, but Dam Square itself has a very busy touristic hustle and bustle, and if your looking there is visual evidence of male parties heading to/from that direction. I never felt unsafe walking to/from the hotel.

I would stay again if I needed an inexpensive central location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have a very bad experience, without actually staying in the hotel.
I cancelled my reservation (was a no cost reservation) because I have found much better accommodation at a lower price. In the same day, the hotel preauthorised my credit card, and blocked an amount actually higher than the cost of one night. The fact is: it's been almost one months since then, and the amount is still blocked, although I have had some exchange of emails with the hotel on the subject and they have assured me that it will take maximum 3 weeks to solve this. I consider this an abuse, since I am prevented for using my own money, for which I pay charges to the bank.
So... beware.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
wollongong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

considering the prices in Amsterdam this hotel is a real bargain.
Its just off the square,the staff are pleasant and helpful,the rooms are modern and clean and the breakfast is fine. As another reviewer says" you should be out all day" so this place would suit any genuine "tripper", bit of a pun there! My stay was in early January 14.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone whatever their budget

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

The location cannot be faulted its right in Dam sq beside the yellow clog. However we were a little disappointed that the beds were so low and mattresses very soft. Only complaint was our room was really really hot, we turned rads off and left window open and still very hot. Breakfast was basic but perfectly satisfactory

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to RHO Hotel? Share your experiences!