“Intruder in room” 1 of 5 stars
Review of RHO Hotel

You added RHO Hotel to your Saves list
RHO Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   NES 05-23, 1012 KC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Ranked #121 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
dublin
“Intruder in room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed here as part of a group celebrating a birthday on the 29th and 30th November. The hotel is in a great location on Dam Square and is clean and spacious if slightly dated and basic for €140 per night. The breakfast was great too.The main problem we encountered on our second night was very disturbing and the staff attitude and manner left a lot to be desired. My friend and I returned to our room at 4.30pm for a nap and to have a shower before dinner. Luckily we did and luckily I set my alarm and was awake because a man let himself into our room (218) and I found him in the process of either attempting to steal a ghd hair straightener or attempting to take the safe from the bottom of the wardrobe which was were the straightener happened to be left. Either way to wake to find a man in our room was terrifying and luckily he just left when confronted. The male receptionist questioned us in a very hostile manner and seemed to imply that we must have left the door open which i assured him we did not. We were treated like two hysterical fantasists and let me be clear we are not teenagers and were not under the influence of any substances. The lock was eventually changed on our room but afterwards I could not relax nor enjoy the night as I was certain this man somehow had access to a master key card to enable him to open our door. We reported all this again the next morning and once again were dealt with in an off hand manner. None of the day staff were aware of the incident the night previousy. I was informed there is no cctv although there is a camera above the door into reception. Nobody seemed bothered to check this although I gave a very good discription of the man to them. Having read the review previous to mine about someone s room being broken into and their lock also not disturbed, and this happened the wednesday prior to our break in, I can only conclude that the hotel has a serious problem. Someone is gaining access to their rooms and yet they do not care one bit! I advise people to stay here only if they have nothing of value to leave in the room or they plan on carrying their possessions with them. FYI the hotel safes are not screwed down which is pointless to me as they obviously can be carried off in a rucksack which our intruder had on his back! Single women beware. Very disappointing experience and not once did one person apologize to us.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
trinidad, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in September and it was a great place to spend a night in Amsterdam. It is in a great location right next to Dam Square and close to all of the attractions, close to the metro and trolley. The free breakfast was very good. The lobby is an old theater and is very beautiful. The rooms are basic, but adequate. Service and front desk staff very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Four of us stayed at the Rho Hotel in two twin rooms. The hotel is located just off Dam Square in the heart of Amsterdam, so a wonderful location from which to explore. The rooms were spacious and very clean, comfortable and quiet. The bathrooms are a little 'old style' but nonetheless clean. The room did not have any tea or coffee making facilities which would have been good, but there is a vending machine in the foyer (which did not work when we were there but the staff very kindly made us complimentary coffee) . The staff at this hotel are fabulous! They are very welcoming and provided us with some excellent restaurant recommendations. The breakfast (both hot and cold)was varied and plentiful. The Rho Hotel was recommended to me by a friend and having stayed there I would highly recommend it to others also.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

It is unsecured hotel since the whole safe which was inside my room had been stolen at the time when I was out of the hotel !!! In addition to my laptop and other valuable stuff.

Moreover ,the manager of the hotel told us that they are not responsible for this incident !!!! although the room's door was not broken !!!

TAKE CARE

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dumfries, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Friendly desk staff and cleaners; good cooked breakfast; helpful staff; good clean room for one (single traveller). Will definitely come back - pity no evening restaurant, but spoiled for choice nearby - The Lobby is five minutes walk away

Stayed November 2013
Trento, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

It is difficult for me to properly evaluate this hotel as it was great for some aspects and poor for others. Therefore, I prefer to make a list of pros and cons.

Pros:
- "5-star" location
- rooms were very clean
- excellent breakfast
- computer and printer freely available in the hall of the hotel
- hotel staff was very kind

Cons:
- my room was extremely noisy starting from 7am
- in my room the Wi-fi signal was so weak that very often there was no possibility to connect to internet at all
- my room was very cold and there was no possibility to increase the temperature inside it
- turning off the light of the room automatically turn off all plugs in the room; thus there was no possibility to charge electronic devices during the night

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Great location just 2 minutes from Dam Square. Lovely large airy lobby. The bedrooms although comfortable could do with some updating. The staff were wonderful and could not do enough to advise on restaurants and such.
Free Wifi another great advantage.
Breakfast was surprisingly good with a great selection of warm and hot dishes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to RHO Hotel? Share your experiences!