“Cozy with Friendly Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Hestia

You added Hotel Hestia to your Saves list
Hotel Hestia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roemer Visscherstraat 7, 1054 EV Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #155 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Dublin, Ireland
“Cozy with Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

A nice hotel in a lovely leafy area, near the Vondelpark and walking distance to the main sights. The rooms are very small but the service was really good. Amsterdam is very expensive city anyway so you pay for what you get. Small rooms but all facilities are available.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dorchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in early June 2014. Location is great, in a quiet street, just behind the Leidseplein and very near to all the big museums. Trams and buses stop nearby. The room can only be described as 'box-room', but I wasn't expecting anything else at this price and the room was clean and comfortable with quite a nice view over the Vondelpark Youth Hostel. My only gripe is with the billing. I had booked months in advance, attracting an 'early booking discount' of 13 euros. This discount din't feature on my bill and I paid the full amount. More worrying was that -according to the receipt- I had opted to pay in British Pounds, rather than euros. I had definately not done that and clearly remember seeing the amount in euros. So, the reception staff must have made the choice for me and that means a poor exchange rate and a 3% surcharge (of which some will end back in the pockets of the hotel no doubt). Very dubious practice to say the least (and probably illegal) Finally, I had pre-paid for 3 b'fasts, but had to leave early on the first morning and never made it to b'fast. They refused to issue a refund, but gave me a free coke from the mini bar in stead.
Staff was friendly and if it wasn't for the billing issues I would actually recommend this place (unless you need lots of space). I guess I won't be back in a hurry.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in a very convenient location to the major museums and also to walk into the main part of the city. The rooms are very clean and there is a lovely breakfast room with a small garden area with outside seating. Very peaceful and lovely.

• Stayed May 2014
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

What more can you ask for a budget stay? I needed one night somewhere not too far from the city centre and this place is on a quiet side street close to Leidseplein.
The desk clerk was very helpful regarding sorting out my next day's journey and while the room was pretty small, it was quiet enough so a decent sleep was on the cards.
I didn't hang around for breakfast so can't comment on that.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I just returned from Amsterdam and a five-day stay at Hotel Hestia. It is a small boutique hotel on a quiet street off of Leidseplein Square. We had excellent service from the staff. The room was clean, comfortable and facing the street with a small balcony to enjoy the surrounding architecture. Location was easily accessible to all public transportation and in walking distance of Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. We thoroughly our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I have just come back from a 2 night stay at Hotel Hestia with my partner, on arrival the staff were very helpful and chatty, we were allocated a small room as booked it was very clean and had everything we needed- even a hair dryer. The location was fab about a 2minute Walk and you are at Hard Rock Cafe. I Would definitely recommend this hotel to all friends and family and if I ever return to Amsterdam I will be stopping here again.

Stayed April 2014

Been to Hotel Hestia? Share your experiences!