“I must have stayed here at least ten times.....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Hestia

Save Saved
You added Hotel Hestia to your Saves list
Hotel Hestia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roemer Visscherstraat 7, 1054 EV Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #117 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“I must have stayed here at least ten times.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

...when visiting a daughter who works in Amsterdam . Following the first visit it has never occured to me to consider any other hotel - it is all that is best in small , family-run hotels , and briliantly situated in a quiet side-street within easy walking distance of some of the best museums , art galleries , and restaurants in the world .
Access from Schipol could not be simpler - the197 bus runs from the airport to the Leidseplein , and drops one 200 yards from the hotel .

Room Tip: Guests in a hurry might prefer a room in the first floor - the lift must be one of the slowest in Eu...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wiichita, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I am a 71 year old male and often travel solo.This was my initial trip to Amsterdam. Right away I felt at ease. The people were smiling, friendly and helpful. The tram ride to the Leidese Plein district from the main train station was uncomplicated and the driver told me where to exit for my hotel which was a short 2 block walk. The Hotel Hestia is in a charming quiet area and I was welcomed & checked in easily. The Hestia had everything I look for in a hotel a comfortable clean affordable room, an elevator, a good location to restaurants and museums and a safe neighborhood. The breakfast offered was typically Dutch and started my day well. I recommend the Hestia for all the mentioned attributes. My stay included 4 nights. I'd stay there again since Amsterdam is now on my list for a return trip.

Room Tip: European hotels in older buildings usually have steep stairs. I have found an elevator to be essenti...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

where do i start from? I LOVE HOTEL HESTIA. my husband and i spent 4 nights at hotel hestia and i'm so happy i chose this little hotel. we stayed in room 36 which was on the 4th floor, a lot of natural light in the room. the room was great, i expected a small room, but it wasn't that small. the staff, everyone of them were really helpful and had answers to every question we asked. the breakfast is really nice. and the terrace is wonderful if you're a smoker, you don't have to go out of the hotel if you need to smoke a cigarette. i will definitely go back to Amsterdam and i know where i'll be staying.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 36, it was a medium double room on the top floor. lots of natural light.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

On a recent trip to Amsterdam I had the unexpected pleasure to stay at the Hestia Hotel for 2 nights. Great location, in the vicinity of the museums and entertainment area of the city, no bike or taxi needed during the stay. Clean rooms, quiet location, friendly and helpful staff ... even when I showed up late for breakfast, I was offered coffee and something to eat. I know which hotel I will be booking for the next Amsterdam trip ..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Amsterdam. It is not fancy but I really try and not spend too much time in my hotel room anyway. It is clean, in a terrific location and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Also had the steepest stairway that I have ever seen (but don't worry there is an elevator).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Hestia? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Hestia

Address: Roemer Visscherstraat 7, 1054 EV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Location: The Netherlands > North Holland Province > Amsterdam > Museumplein
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service
Ranked #117 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Hestia 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelsNL, EasyToBook, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Hestia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hestia Hotel Amsterdam

If you own or manage Hotel Hestia, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.