“Small but comfy” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hegra Hotel to your Saves list
Hegra Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Herengracht 269, 1016 BJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #95 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Great location, within walking distance to many attractions and few minutes by walk to Dam Square. Really clean rooms and extremely helpful staff. Will highly recommend to anyone visiting Amsterdam and if I'm back in Amsterdam will definately stay there. A+++++++

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Colleyville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We booked this hotel for 3 nights through Booking.com. We booked 2 rooms for almost a year in advance (during Oktoberfest time). I got an email from Booking.com about 2 weeks later saying the hotel was trying to verify my credit card. Then I was notified that they cancelled both the rooms. My credit card information was all correct in Booking.com (which I use all the time). I called my credit card company and not only had they not denied anything but they had no history of Hegra Hotel even trying to verify my credit card. At this point, the Hegra Hotel was full and we could not fix our reservation and Booking.com tried to talk with them as well. My thoughts are that they wanted to cancel and charge more for the rooms or maybe when we booked the rooms they actually didn't have the rooms available. Either way, we are pretty disappointed. I did a lot of research on where to stay for our visit and now it is difficult to find other good hotel rooms in the area since it is a busy time of the year. I was embarrassed too since we booked a room for another couple traveling with us.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The hotel was very clean, very close to Central Station, but quiet . Staff was so friendly and helpful. Room was typical European small but met our needs. It was actually a house on one of the main canals with 11 rooms. If you have any problems with steps you need to look elsewhere but the tiny steps to our room were although not easy, rather part of the charm. Price was great and I would stay again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Yes, the rooms are smallish, but most of the hotels in these old buildings are. This was our third trip to Amsterdam and this was not the smallest we've been in. The rooms are clean, the bathrooms are remodeled and great. Our room (#7) was in the back and very quiet. The stairs are very steep and narrow, but most of the hotels in older buildings have steep stairs. Breakfast is OJ, softish boiled eggs, hard rolls, croissants, cheese, ham, yogurt,cereal, coffee or tea. It is an easy walk to most places and the streetcar is a block away. My only complaint was the mattress, which was lumpy and needs replaced. There is I sign in the bathroom stating they will only replace the towels if you leave them on the floor (for ecological reasons). If you want clean towels, follow the directions,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
westyat7000
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Just spent 2 nights at the Hegra Hotel in Amsterdam. It was a great stay. We were in room number 10, top floor facing the canal. The room was very clean and fairly spacious, and the bathroom was newly remodeled.

We arrived early, and the hotel allowed us to store our bags while we went out to get some lunch. When we arrived back at the hotel to check in, our bags were waiting for us in the room.

I did not get the mans name who was at the front desk while we were there, but he was incredibly helpful. He truly went above and beyond to help us out.

The stairs are steep! I do not find this out of the ordinary for this type of European hotel.

We'll be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

4 of us stayed here for 4 nights in september. We paid £790 between us. The room was tiny with no wardrobes so we had to live out our cases. The room was only big enough for a couple. The first night we never got a winks sleep as there was a party going on in the house nextdoor. Me and another guy were bitten alive with bed bugs. I actually saw them and was nearly sick. Floor was filthy. Bathroom was tiny. Good location but thats it. My bites are just clearing up now a week on. I never booked this place but thinking back we should have asked to see room first. The beds as someone else said were so thin you had to watch when you turned or u were on the floor. Dirty Dirty rooms. My girlfriend thought i had some sort of disease when she seen all the bites. I had several on my head and at one point thought it had burrowed in and was still there. Bathed in tcp and aplied savlon for a week. Angry i paid to get bitten.

Room Tip: Wherever you go ask to see room first