“Lovely Hotel, great location, and delicious breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Fita

You added Hotel Fita to your Saves list
Hotel Fita
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jan Luykenstraat 37, 1071 CL Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #11 of 346 Hotels in Amsterdam
Portland, Oregon
“Lovely Hotel, great location, and delicious breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

My husband and I spent 2 nights that Hotel Fita in June 2010. The hotel is walking distance to the museums in a lovely area. The staff was gracious and helpful. The rooms were very clean! We enjoyed staying in the lower level with a window at the street level. Breakfast was delicious!
Next time we travel through Amsterdam we will definitely return to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

Very comfortable and welcoming; our room was generous & lacked nothing. Rather than a normal sterile chain hotel stay, this was a much smaller establishment that clearly reflected the feel & the dedication of the owners & the staff. If anything, the locale at night was too quiet & for those still working thru jet-lag lacked the distraction of mechanical background noise. That said the neighborhood is quite charming and the location is very convenient for dining, museums, public transportation, etc.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Chester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

I spent 6 nights in Hotel Fita in December; it is, without question, the best Hotel I have stayed at in Amsterdam. I have been going to Amsterdam for the last 30 years!
The hotel is easy to find, just take tram #5 or #2 from Central Station and get off at museumplein, or the stop after. Bus #197 from Schiphol stops at museumplein as well.
Upon arrival at the hotel I was greeted by Hans, the owner. I was shown to my room; I used the elevator/lift as I have back problems, so the stairs would have been a problem for me. My room, a single with a balcony on the first floor was great, en-suite, nice and warm, Nespresso coffee maker, kettle if you want to have hot chocolate or tea. The bed was very comfortable, nice warm duvet, and the heating was on all night at a nice temperature. (It was December)
The breakfast is, as like everyone has said on here, delicious! I opted for freshly squeezed orange juice and then scrambled eggs on toast, with bacon. A pot of coffee, as well as a pancake after. You have to taste the pancakes to believe them!
The hotel Fita is very clean, and I mean VERY clean! If you find any dust or dirt, tell them at breakfast and by the time you get back from a day out, it will have gone!
Something I must add is, I booked to stay there until 22nd December, Hans and his wife had arranged to go away for Xmas, they had to cancel 2 days of their trip so I could stay for 6 nights! How many hotel owners would do that?
As this is an honest review, I must tell the good with the bad!
There are no “do not disturb” signs to be put on the door, if you are out late like I was one night until 5am, housekeeping tried to get into my room. I had to get out of bed and say no! I’m sleeping! (I have emailed Hans about this and he said he will implement the do not disturb signs) My 2 friends who I persuaded to stay at the hotel also had the same problem!
That’s it, nothing bad, really!
I have read reviews where they say the host, Hans is rude! He is not, he is a genuine guy! He likes to brighten up your day; some people take that the wrong way. He loves to have a laugh and a joke, my friends and I still laugh about something he said at breakfast one morning. Roel takes over from Hans when he is away; he makes better pancakes than Hans, and better scrambled eggs on toast! Thank you Roel!
Sorry it is a long review, but I believe, if a hotel is good, SHOUT about it!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

We stayed at Hotel Fita in Mid- November 2010 for 3 nights. What a wonderful small hotel! I would even call it a B&B. We stayed in room type A, which was up one flight of stairs. The room had a small balcony, which wasn’t of too much use in November, but we did hang some clothes out there to air out, which was convenient.

The room was large, based on other European rooms we have stayed in, clean, and very comfortable. The bathroom was good size, although no real toiletries were provided, but that wasn’t a problem we just popped into a drug store and got some shampoo/conditioner and some lotion. The shower was powerful and there was a hair dryer provided.

The location was great, just behind the Van Gough Museum. We had a little trouble finding it initially, but that was our own – tired head, jet lagged - fault. We did take the bus from the airport (BTW, we asked at the airport where to purchase the strippencard, and were told they were no longer used, so we just paid cash to the driver), which we found after a little bit of searching in the bus lane outside the airport.

We walked everywhere, only used the tram once or twice. The Tram was really convenient, once we did decide to use it, but we like to walk and take in the general atmosphere. There is a Tram Stop just behind the hotel. We had great weather, but I suspect had there been rain we would have used the tram a lot more.
Breakfast was great! We were the only ones in there two of the three mornings. We had eggs and bacon each morning, along with sweet rolls, fresh orange/strawberry juice, and of course the famous pancake.

There is a school that seemed to be right next door and across the street. This didn’t really cause a problem for us, as the kids were outside playing after 9 or so, when we were already up, but if you like afternoon naps, you may in for a bit of a letdown.

There is no doubt that when we are back in Amsterdam, we will stay at Hotel Fita again. It was an outstanding experience.

Wonderful Location, Great Hospitality, Lovely Hotel!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

Arrived at 8.45am after a 30 hour flight. Very central location; the tram from Centraal was the only public transport I took all week--everywhere I wanted to go was within 1/2 hour walk. My room was available straight away (with glass of juice and small bowl of nuts)--delightful! Stayed a week in a single room; beautifully comfortable. Loved watching the world go by (including the children on the way to school) from the lower than street level breakfast room. Thanks for a beautiful stay...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

Standards that met my expectations.
Clean, Organized, well placed, quiet and friendly

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I stayed for 6 nights in a spacious and practical single room with en suite. The hotel is managed to highly professional standards, yet giving the positive feel of friendliness of the family run business. Perfectly clean Great freshly made breakfast every morning, free WiFi, espresso coffee machine in the rooms. Excellent location, around the corner from Van Gogh Museum and close to Vongel Park and Leidseplein. Absolutely great value for money. Will surely get friends and/or family to stay here in the future.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Fita? Share your experiences!