“I felt like family at Hotel Fita” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Fita

Save Saved
You added Hotel Fita to your Saves list
Hotel Fita
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jan Luykenstraat 37, Amsterdam 1071 CL, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #6 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
LAKE OSWEGO
“I felt like family at Hotel Fita”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

My first nights in Europe were spent in Hotel Fita. I bused over from the airport and it was easy to find the hotel and a short walk. I don't think there could have been a better location to stay to be close to Van Gogh Museum (1 block) and Rijksmuseum (about 2 blocks), a supermarket and canal buses and tour buses within short walking distance. This is sort of a boutique area with a long street of high-end shopping also only a block away. Although close to everything, it was a quiet area and a quiet hotel. I was graciously welcomed and made to feel at home very quickly. My room was small, but had high ceilings and large doors to the outside, so it felt larger. There was a Nespresso machine in the room which was great, and an overhead fan over the bed was a treat during the recent heatwave. Very clean, comfortable and efficient room and bathroom. I was traveling solo, and felt very safe and secure with a card key needed for entry into the main hotel and my room behind 2 other locked doors. Internet access was easy and had an appointed, quiet area (never waited). The best part was meeting Hans, the owner, who made fabulous scrambled eggs each morning to accompany the rest of a nice breakfast buffet. He even greeted me with a song! He and his wife and team really care about their guests. It was a great hotel for women traveling solo. The size of the my room was more than outweighed by every other aspect of my visit. I would highly recommend this hotel for your Amsterdam experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

1,170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

Great location and wonderful breakfast but it's the Fita team (particularly Hans and Loes) that make Hotel Fita such a wonderful place. We felt like we were staying in their home - they are all most welcoming and very helpful. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Amsterdam. Thanks Hans and Loes!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010 via mobile

We stayed in Hotel Fita from 5-9 July. We had a fabulous time! It was my first time back in Holland in many years. I came back with my family to show them my birthplace and introduce them to extended family. Staying at Hotel Fita was like staying with family, like in the days when I stayed with Oom's and Tante's. The breakfast was tasty, I enjoyed the pannenkoeken!!! We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to other people! Thanks, Hans & Loes.

Sylvia, Marcos & Paolo

• Stayed July 2010
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Hotel well located near Rijkmuseum & Van Gogh. Hans & his wife were very accomodating and explained the city sights so we could maximize our stay. The breakfasts were excellent -- tried to outmatch Hans with some personal dry jokes. I think I lost. The hotel was very clean. Had a super time in Amsterdam-- Netherlands beat Uruguay to get into final of World Cup while we were there-- exciting time.

John & Judi, New Jersey, USA

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Scots south of the border
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

Great location, comfortable surroundings, good breakfasts and the timing of a stand up comedian from our host. We will return.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

We felt very well taken care of. We received an extensive restaurant and museum briefing upon check-in. Our laundry was immediately taken care of. This hotel made us want to return to Amsterdam.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Libertyville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

Great location, near the museums and tram. Had a wonderful breakfast. The owners and staff were friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Fita? Share your experiences!