“Friendly and Kind” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Fita

Save Saved
You added Hotel Fita to your Saves list
Hotel Fita
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jan Luykenstraat 37, Amsterdam 1071 CL, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #8 of 340 hotels in Amsterdam
Hopewell, New Jersey
“Friendly and Kind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

We recently booked four nights at the Hotel Fita that unexpectedly resulted in becoming ten nights due to the explosion of volcano Eyjafjallajokull on Thursday April 14th two days before our departure. Hans and Loes, along with the entire staff of the Hotel Fita treated us and the other "stranded" guests kindly. Everyone was able to extend their stay. The free Internet and Wi-Fi, along with the free telephone (local and long distance) helped keep everyone connected. The hotel is in an excellent location for the museums, trams and restaurants. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well maintained. We had room number six the least expensive and it was perfectly adequate--comfortable bed, good size bathroom (great water pressure), TV and a couple of chairs. The room has a wardrobe cabinet. My wife and I have been traveling to Europe for fifteen years, we pack light and are prepared to wash clothes out in the sink and hang them to dry. So, having the free laundry was really nice. We placed our clothes in the laundry basket gave them to Hans, and when we stopped back after lunch the clothes were in the room. The breakfast was very enjoyable. We ate in a comfortable room, were served coffee or tea, fresh squeezed juice and pancakes every morning. The buffet included eggs, meat, cheese, fresh fruit, breads, Hans' homemade jam, granola, yogurt and cereal. During breakfast Hans was always available to answer questions, give advice or just chat. It was also an opportunity to talk with the other guest and share suggestions about things to do or restaurants to go to. It is a family run business whose owners make their guests feel like family. If your only reason for travel is to check things off your list then maybe it doesn't matter where you stay. But, if you travel in order to meet new people and experience other cultures, then where you stay is part of your visit. The people at the Hotel Fita made our stay in Amsterdam a visit. They are wonderful hosts who sincerely care about their guests.
Note about Eyjafjallajokull: The time during the eruption of Eyjafjallajokull was stressful. Planes were grounded across Europe and no one knew when the eruption was going to end and when we could get back home. In spite of the inconvenience and anxiety that accompanied this event, two blessings came out of it. First, though over a million people were affected no one was hurt. Second, we had the good fortune to spend those days at the Hotel Fita with Hans and Loes, the hotel staff and the other guests whom we met. I'm thankful everyone returned home safe and maybe in five years we'll have a reunion.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

1,126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Seattle, Washington, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

My husband traveled to Amsterdam on business, and I accompanied him. Because of the vocano erruption and the closing of the airport (Schippol) we had an extended "vacation" in lovely Amsterdam. The hotel was very nice, comfortable and in a wonderful location. We walked all over the city, and rented bikes on three separate occasions. We were very well treated and respected by the friendly staff, and would stay there again. (price was 159 Euros per night, queen bed and private bath.)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

I stayed in the hotel in the beginning of spring so many places were booked to capactiy from travlers coming to see the flowers bloom. Service was great.

I booked in advance via email. Everything was easy and the response time was less than 24 hours. Upon arrival, I was taken to my room where they completed my registration. I was givena glass of champagne and warm cashews. They asked my about sightseeing activities and provided me tickets to the museums I wanted to go to in the city. The ticket costs were added to my hotel bill without any surchage. A wonderful service! I was able to bypass the wait lines at the museums which were 20 minutes at one and 1 hour at the other. They provided me with a city map and provided information about other city events.

The hotel is located in a really nice neighborhood with a 2 minute walk to the nearest tram. Very quiet residential neighborhood at night so it was easy to get sleep. The people at the hotel are wonderful. During breakfast they were giving travel information to a couple who was taking a day trip to Harlem. They provided them with train times and useful information so they would not get lost. This was going on while they were preparing and serving breakfast. They didn't miss a beat.

I left early for the airport and was able to pay the evening before I left. They helped me to navigate to a bus to get to the aiport cheaply (4 euros). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

We stayed at the Hotel Fita in Amsterdam. First of all, we love Amsterdam. This hotel is only a few feet away from the Van Gogh Museum, which is one of the best museums in the world. The neighborhood is great. Quiet, clean. The staff was wonderful. The best thing was the location and the breakfast. We had freshly made crepes every morning with freshly squeezed juice. Also a great value.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Lufbra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

All I can say is the services received from Hotel Fita team were the best ever service experience of my holidays in Amsterdam. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Clean and spacious room. Breakfast were superb. The best thing is, they understand and respect the various culture and religious believed of their customers. Personally, I can't find any negative points about the hotel or the staff. You should experience it yourself!. -Honey & CT.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights and everything was great. Rooms were modern and updated, with a very spacious bathroom with GREAT water pressure. Hans was a riot every morning at breakfast, always around to talk to and joke with. The rest of the staff were friendly and helpful. My sister and I both had our laundry done - dropped it off in the morning and by the evening when we returned to the room it was neatly folded in the basket for us. The location can't be beat, it's quiet but it's also right near 2 tram stops and the museums and about a nice 10-15 minute stroll to Leidseplein. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
福岡
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

I have never experienced such a wonderful stay like this. The hotel staffs are very kind. The hotel lies in the museum area of Amsterdam. It is very convenient to visit these museums and shops.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Fita? Share your experiences!