“Art Lovers stay here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Fita

You added Hotel Fita to your Saves list
Hotel Fita
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jan Luykenstraat 37, 1071 CL Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #9 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Evanston, Illinois
“Art Lovers stay here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

We stayed at the Hotel Fita in Amsterdam. First of all, we love Amsterdam. This hotel is only a few feet away from the Van Gogh Museum, which is one of the best museums in the world. The neighborhood is great. Quiet, clean. The staff was wonderful. The best thing was the location and the breakfast. We had freshly made crepes every morning with freshly squeezed juice. Also a great value.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lufbra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

All I can say is the services received from Hotel Fita team were the best ever service experience of my holidays in Amsterdam. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Clean and spacious room. Breakfast were superb. The best thing is, they understand and respect the various culture and religious believed of their customers. Personally, I can't find any negative points about the hotel or the staff. You should experience it yourself!. -Honey & CT.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights and everything was great. Rooms were modern and updated, with a very spacious bathroom with GREAT water pressure. Hans was a riot every morning at breakfast, always around to talk to and joke with. The rest of the staff were friendly and helpful. My sister and I both had our laundry done - dropped it off in the morning and by the evening when we returned to the room it was neatly folded in the basket for us. The location can't be beat, it's quiet but it's also right near 2 tram stops and the museums and about a nice 10-15 minute stroll to Leidseplein. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
福岡
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

I have never experienced such a wonderful stay like this. The hotel staffs are very kind. The hotel lies in the museum area of Amsterdam. It is very convenient to visit these museums and shops.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

I really liked this hotel. We spent Easter in Amsterdam at the Hotel Fita, and we were really glad we did. The hotel is smart and clean, in a quiet street very close to the museums, but a short tram ride from the rest of the city. Our room was big and bright, overlooking a side street even quieter than the quiet street which the hotel sits on. It had a big bathroom, a good quality coffee maker, and a reasonable bed. The breakfast is splendid, with the pancakes and freshly-squeezed juices as mentioned elsewhere, as well as good coffee, excellent cheese and vanilla-flecked yoghurt.

All of the staff are great. Some reviewers have described problems with the owner, Hans and he is a bit eccentric. We witnessed a hilarious encounter between him and a rather ponderous guest who clearly wanted to ask him something, but was taking forever to do it during a busy breakfast session. Put it this way - Hans made it clear that he wanted him to get to the point. But we found him charming and helpful, and besides, if you want bland and robotic service, stay at a big international chain hotel. This is a good quality, individual hotel. I liked it (and Hans) a lot, and when we return to Amsterdam, we'll stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

I arrived later in the evening than anticipated and was ENTHUSIASTICALLY greeted by my host. I immediately felt welcome and that he had been on the look out for me. But I should have known to expect such a welcoming attitude - I'd asked for tram directions and they were worked well since I arrived at the hotel with little hassle. He asked if I'd been to Amsterdam before - I had not - so whipped out a city map and noted the hotel's location and nearby sights. My questions about other locations were answered and then he escorted me to my room and showed me around.

I had a great night's sleep - after following directions to the nearby entertainment and eating area, Leidsplein - and began the next day with a hearty breakfast and DIVINE pancakes. Jan was the chef and an able young lady assisted him in service. The breakfast room was cozy and clean, and other lodgers were also enjoying breakfast and the lively morning atmosphere.

I'd definitely recommend staying here. The tram ride to the central area of Amsterdam is an easy one and the Hotel is very close to the Rjikesmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. But best is the staff's service and warmth.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010 via mobile

This hotel is a great option as it is well located in the museum district, which is peaceful, feels safe, and has great shopping. The rooms aren't special but they are clean and spacious, although you have to put up with two singles rather than a double.

Breakfast is included and nice. All the major sights are within a short walk along the canals. You can get a 2 or a 5 tram direct from centraal station in 10 mins - just jump off outside the rijksmuseum or van gogh museum.

Amsterdam is great, buy online tickets to major sights to save trouble and hours of queueing. The hotel provides free Internet and printing for this which is very useful.

We recommend the Amsterdam jewel dinner cruise and whiling away time in the american hotel cafe, which is surprisingly cheap.

• Stayed April 2010

Been to Hotel Fita? Share your experiences!