“Worth every penny!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Fita

You added Hotel Fita to your Saves list
Hotel Fita
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jan Luykenstraat 37, 1071 CL Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #11 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Orangeville, Canada
“Worth every penny!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I stayed there early in August for 3 nights.I had a single room on the 4th floor. While the stairs concerned me for the first night, by the end of my stay I felt like a pro navigating them. They are typical steep, Dutch stairs and are not great for anyone with mobility issues. Thankfully, there is a small elevator, as well. The room was clean and very comfortable and the perfect size for a single person. The breakfast that is served every morning is incredible-- cheese, bread, bacon, eggs, fruit, cereal, milk, juice, coffee, and pannenkoeken. You must ask for the pannekoeken! The staff speak good English and are very friendly and helpful. We had some issues with the neighbours being loud late at night. We told Roel and he dealt with it. Hotel Fita is very close to the Van Gogh Museum and only a couple of blocks from the rest of Museumplein. The tram and bus are also very close by. Great location, great staff, great room...I'll be recommending Hotel Fita to my friends who are visiting later this year.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hamden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I've used the reviews from TripAdvisor for years, and they've always steered me well. That's the case with Hotel Fita. They have recently completed renovations on the third floor and I had a brand new room up there. I was a little dubious because of some mobility problems, but the elevator, though small, works just fine. As a 70-year-old traveling alone, I was delighted with the staff interest in me and my activities. They were great about directions, don't miss suggestions, transportation and lots of other details. I knew that whatever my question, they would answer cheerfully and helpfully. The bedding - always a question mark for those of us with joint issues - was superb. The cleaning was spotless and they even have healthy house plants in the rooms. It was truly my home-away-from-home. All this, and a very reasonable rate made it a great choice. The neighborhood is close to several museums and a fantastic park. Tram stops are also a short five-minute walk and everyone takes the tram. They are fast, clean and go everywhere. It's easy to learn the routes and you'll be covering lots of territory on them. Make hotel reservations early as they are usually full. I was there in early May for the flowers at Keukenhof and they were already full every night.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room in front because the alley in back can attract some noisy neighbors. The stre...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

What a terrific small hotel! If you are looking for a B & B type....this is the place! It's family owned and managed with about 20 rooms. You are greeted by the owner/manager, Roell, and he will help you any way he can. My baggage was lost by the A-L and I made a report to have it sent to this hotel. After I had not received the luggage at the end of the first full day. Roell called and talked to them to make sure where to deliver it . My luggage finally arrived on the 3d day as we were ready to go on a river cruise. We had a neat room on the 2d floor corner above the walking path, room 26 with lot of light and an open balcony with french doors. We kept the doors open at night with a lot of fresh air. The food was plentiful and fresh. Great pancakes! American and European breakfasts.

Room Tip: Rooms above the first floor require either steep narrow stairs or one person + luggage elevator. We...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Everyone in my group (two couples: myself, my husband and our 2 friends) agreed that this was a great choice for a place to stay. We were there for 4 nights during the Gay Pride parade (which we found out after we had booked our trip to Amsterdam). We thought that the noise would be horrible, but lucky for us this hotel wasn't near the city center where all the festivities were taking place. Our rooms were comfortable, immaculately clean, large and with terraces. The neighborhood was so quiet that we were able to sleep with our windows and terrace doors open every night. Be aware that there is no A/C in this hotel. That was fine with us and especially me, since I don't like being in sealed air conditioned hotels. Only once did we hear an enthusiastic partier yelling some nonsense, but it didn't last long. I'm guessing he found his way back to the Central Station area. The Fita is more like a boutique hotel. It is homey, friendly and quaint. They include breakfast in their price (approximately 900.00 USD for 4 nights) which we considered a bargain for the neighborhood that this hotel is in. It is considered the posh part of Amsterdam and is located in the museum and high end shopping district. The breakfast was amazing. Be sure to try the Dutch pancakes. They tasted similar to a crepe and are made fresh per order. The staff members are young, gracious and incredibly helpful. Thank you so much Rual, Walter and Maxine. Hope I remembered all of your names correctly. You made our stay very special.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We booked this hotel after taking a Viking river cruise. It is centrally located - a block from the Van Gogh Museum, a couple blocks from Rijks Museum. We asked for a room with a view - which we got. The tram and buses are really close too. Fita owner provides a delicious breakfast with scrambled eggs, bacon, yogart, all kinds of bread and all the juices, coffees, tea and milk. The breakfast room is downstairs, with colorful seats and inviting atmosphere. The staff was very helpful with a map and recommendation. As a side note - DO NOT TAKE THE HOP ON HOP OFF BUS. It isn't for the tourist - they try to drop you off at the diamond place - the stops are not convenient and hard to find. You are much better off buying a one or more day bus ticket. We walked to most of the destinations. Another hint - buy your tickets on line for the museums and Anne Frank house. Otherwise you will spend your day in a blocks long line. I would totally recommend this hotel... nice, clean ... large room with table, chairs, tv, and large bath with tub/shower. Remember to bring an adaptor for your hair curler etc. They provide a hair dryer. Also the shops around this hotel are very, very expensive. There are reasonable shops elsewhere unless you are into Tiffany and the like.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. I understand the rooms upstairs are smaller. If you have a street view...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We really enjoyed our recent stay at Fita. Very warm, smiley, friendly staff, and very much in line with all the good service we encountered in Amsterdam. This is an ideal location for the museums and galleries of the city and short walks away from good restaurants, shops and the lovely Vondelpark. The hotel seemed well equipped but more importantly there was a feeling that nothing would be too much trouble if anything was missing. To be recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Very nice personnel. It was a little annoying that the cleaning lady was knocking on the door of the neighbors quite often. Location was good. Bathroom of the single room 38 was dark. One of the girls in the kitchen / breakfast room talked very loud but was very helpful. Maybe it was my hangover...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Fita? Share your experiences!