“Tiny Canal side house” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hampshire Hotel - Prinsengracht

Save Saved
You added Hampshire Hotel - Prinsengracht to your Saves list
Hampshire Hotel - Prinsengracht
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prinsengracht 1015, 1017 KN Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #165 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Tiny Canal side house”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Although over reviews of this hotel have praised the view etc
my experience was the opposite
I had a tiny room at the back of the hotel where i could touch both walls with outstretched arms
Room smelt of damp and was very quiet so a good nights sleep but tiny TV and poor quality are my lasting memories of this place

Room Tip: Dont accept a room at the back
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here in the garden annex in October 2011.

No problems whatsoever staff friendly and helpful, rooms clean and good size. Staying in the annex is lovely as its in the garden and nice and quiet. Very useful having wireless Internet.

Best thing about the hotel though is its location - close to everything. We walked most places when it wasn't raining! And staff always happy to book you a taxi if needed! Very picturesque location on one of the many canals.

Would stay here again as it was very reasonably priced - we booked direct through the hotels website.

• Stayed October 2011
dubai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I stayed at this hotel 2 years ago...& definitely had it in mind when I was going again this year. Clean...friendly staff...decent breakfast...great location. The rooms are a bit pokey...but I'm assuming not too many of the rooms in Europe aren't. Definitely serves its purpose for a solo traveler.

Room Tip: If you're traveling solo, then the standard room with a single bed is better than with a double...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

This hotel was nice. We stayed in Amsterdam for only one night but were very pleased with what we found in this hotel. We were given an upgrade due to a cancellation. We arrived at the hotel around 8:30 a.m. local time and were given our room even though check-in time was much later. We were also invited to have breakfast that morning even though we were not entitled to it. I would return to this hotel!

Room Tip: Take public transportation to get to this hotel. We arrived at hotel from the airport via the metro...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Vigo, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I actually chose this hotel because it was really close to one of the main channels in Amsterdam. I ended up being really central and that gave me wings to walk a lot and get to know the surroundings.

Room Tip: For solo's, first floors are facing the street and not the back
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I had a great time at the hotel. For the price and location you really can't complain. I think other people need to stop there bitc#$ing and complaing and do their research before booking and have some FREAKING COMMON SINCE. I was at the hotel for PRIDE and as an Amercian from New York City I thought it was fanstastic for the location and price.........for my needs. I plan on staying there again in 2012. :-)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Reigate, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I have stayed here once before, which was absolutely fine - nice hotel, nice staff etc.

However, on my recent visit I rang up in the morning to see if there would be a cancellation fee (as due to a change in work plans it was a bit out of the way). They said there would be, so I said ok don't worry i'll see you later today. I then called back in the evening to say I was going to be checking in later than I stated when I booked and they said they had to record of my booking.

Anyway, they had clearly misunderstood me and cancelled my room. They then proceeded to charge me and would not accept that it was clearly a mistake (on their part). Very unreasonable and extremely poor communication about the whole issue.

Real shame, as I would have stayed here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampshire Hotel - Prinsengracht? Share your experiences!