“A very special place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seven Bridges Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seven Bridges Hotel
You added Seven Bridges Hotel to your Saves list
Reguliersgracht 31, 1017LK Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Canal Ring (Grachtengordel))   |
Ranked #23 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam
Northampton UK
“A very special place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2007

Although my wife and I have selected where we stay on our trips by using tripadvisor this is the first time we have been so impressed by our four night stay that we felt we must share our experience with other independent travellers. For us Seven Bridges was in an ideal location being very peaceful, safe and beautiful yet within walking distance of all the major attractions. On the outside Seven Bridges looks just like a reasonable small hotel but we received a very warm welcome and were taken to the canal side basement apartment where we had agreed to spend our first night as the hotel was fully booked when we had first contacted them. We found the apartment charming being a good size and well furnished so much so that we were reluctant to leave it the next day to move into the main hotel next door. We had booked the small room in the attic which we had been pre-warned entailed climbing a very steep staircase that was not easy which was no exaggeration. The room itself however was very cosy and as described by other travellers well furnished with period pieces. It was a real treat to start our day by having a first class continental breakfast in this room although how they managed to get it up those stairs with it on a tray without breaking the fine china is a mystery. Above anything else what made this place so special was the service. We found everyone prepared to go that extra mile to ensure we were happy so much so that we felt as if we were staying with good friends. The final act was to find that when we arrived home my wife discovered she had left her favourite earrings somewhere. Within days they had been returned to her with a complement slip from the Seven Bridges Hotel.For us a very special place to stay.

• Liked — Customer service.
  • Disliked — Can not think of anything.
4 Thank Grandadbrian

Beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2007

Hotel Seven Bridges is a surprise I planned for my wife and it did win me thousands of points! Right after my wedding, I came to Europe for two years training. Now having completed the course, I searched around for excitement and unique places that may bring her exhilirating experience. Hotel Seven Bridges is my big finding. I was lucky to get a canal view room (room 7) in January. Since then I waited for two long months until this big excitement came to us. My wife is a fan of western arts. I knew she would cherish everything in Seven Bridges. And yes, she actually loved it more than I had expected.

From the moment we arrived, we got overwhelmed at how cozy and unique the hotel is. There was a charming fragrance from the two bunches of lily flower in the reception room. When we climbed up the 3 hundred years stairs, we saw two other rooms (room 5 and room 6) had been set ready for their guests. Both rooms are extremely nice and have its special lay-out and art collections. The lights were all on and the atmosphere was really cozy. My wife couldn't resist rushing in to take some photos. You could see how delicately the owners of the hotel are caring their properties. We were completely beyond words. When we arrived at our room, we immediately responded with a 'wow"! Everything was spotlessly clean and the canal view was so romantic. We loved the furniture, especially the pair of classic chairs.

The best thing about Seven Bridges is the breakfast. It was the ever best breakfast I tasted in Europe - a huge one, with various breads, juice, coffee, tea, fruits... god! The owner sent the breakfast into our room by himself. That was the most tasteful coffee I had in my trips. We blieved that the host spends lot of time in designing and organizing the breakfast. We actually couldn't finish all the foods. What a pitty! Anyhow, I found that we did not need to eat lunch for this fabulous breakfast.

It was also a great experience to talk with the owner. He is a very kind and respectable man, investing all his energy and brains in providing unique experiences for the Seven Bridges guests. We were happy and honored to learn from him that we were the first Chinese guests.

I have seen some other 'big name' hotels in Amsterdam. In my view, they are just common, and located in the 'noisy' and crowded city center. The best thing about Amsterdam is its canals and the houses along the waters. Those communities are not far from city center as Amsterdam is not big, but very quiet and enjoyable. It was so interesting that we just turned a corner from the main street and suddenly entered the quiet neighbourhood. Seven Bridges is just located in the center of that quiet neighbourhood, with walking distance to all the major sites and a long dinning street just behind it. This also addes a lot of points to its overall impression to us.

Having said all these, I want to clarify that business travellers with a vision to see big big lobbies, large large rooms, bath tube, smiling receptionist girl, elevators... better step away from this lovely hotel. Seven Bridges and Hilton are not on the same track! If Hilton is a rich business man, Seven Bridges is a real artist!

Seven Bridges only belongs to those with a vision to seek the unique experience of arts in Amsterdam!

Finally, I want to say that Amsterdam is a very safe city - just be careful of your handbags. At least we did not experience anything unpleasant walking around 10 o'clock at night around the city. Red light district is probably the safest because there are so many people there!

• Liked — Art Collection and Funiture
  • Disliked — Nothing
7 Thank Anlaw
Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2007

I spent 3 nights with my wife in december and everything was very well, the hotel is near of almost everything and you have tram and buses around the corner. Besides the hotel is in a quiet street and you have a good rest after a tourist day. I prefer this kind of hotels instead the tipical chain hotel with no personality. The thing less good is the time for breakfast, too early overall for spanish people.., but like the quality is very good never mind too much.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rarchiles
San Diego, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2007

My wife and I spent three nights here in Mar. 2007. Our room overlooking the canal was very nice and clean and quiet. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, they lent us a wireless laptop everyday! Breakfast was served in our room and offered the freshest breads you can get. Its in a great location, convienent to all. Our host, Guenter was a great guy. I highly recommend this hotel!

5 Thank mlinsv
Ironbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2007

We stayed at Seven Bridges B & B in Amsterdam in Sept 2006. It was as we had read on Tripadvisor. Very good breakfast and friendly hosts. Unfortunately, we booked late and got the garden room at the back in the basement. It was ok but the mosquitos which we did not expect were terrible. I got very badly bitten every night! Take Deet. The location was good, very central for all the attractions.

Stayed September 2006
5 Thank Shannon1711
Northumberland, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2007

Seven Bridges is an Hotel with considerable charm and a unique ambience. It is a credit to the owners who seem to have put together a style of hotel that offers an opportunity for a relaxed stay in comfort. They are extremely helpful and the breakfast delivered to your room is a nice touch.

Colin Garbutt & Dianne Wilcox

• Liked — exellent en-suite accomodation
  • Disliked — Steep stairs
3 Thank UKHerb
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at this most amazing hotel just a few short weeks ago (mid-February) for my first trip to Amsterdam. I have never received such personal and friendly service! Each morning the owner Gunter brought us breakfast to our room; the array of food on fine china was so impressive we took a picture to bring back. Fresh fruit, warm assortment of breads, spreads, coffee and tea, freshly baked Croissants..getting up each morning out of our incredibly comfortable queen size bed was an absolute dream. Both my boyfriend and I have said that our honeymoon is going to be hard to plan after our undeniably perfect stay at the Seven Bridges Hotel.

Stayed February 2007