Although my wife and I have selected where we stay on our trips by using tripadvisor this is the first time we have been so impressed by our four night stay that we felt we must share our experience with other independent travellers. For us Seven Bridges was in an ideal location being very peaceful, safe and beautiful yet within walking distance of all the major attractions. On the outside Seven Bridges looks just like a reasonable small hotel but we received a very warm welcome and were taken to the canal side basement apartment where we had agreed to spend our first night as the hotel was fully booked when we had first contacted them. We found the apartment charming being a good size and well furnished so much so that we were reluctant to leave it the next day to move into the main hotel next door. We had booked the small room in the attic which we had been pre-warned entailed climbing a very steep staircase that was not easy which was no exaggeration. The room itself however was very cosy and as described by other travellers well furnished with period pieces. It was a real treat to start our day by having a first class continental breakfast in this room although how they managed to get it up those stairs with it on a tray without breaking the fine china is a mystery. Above anything else what made this place so special was the service. We found everyone prepared to go that extra mile to ensure we were happy so much so that we felt as if we were staying with good friends. The final act was to find that when we arrived home my wife discovered she had left her favourite earrings somewhere. Within days they had been returned to her with a complement slip from the Seven Bridges Hotel.For us a very special place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seven Bridges Hotel is a 300 year old charming canal house at the beautiful confluence of two canals in the historic heart of Amsterdam. Character and atmosphere are created by individually decorated stylish rooms: precious antiques from Baroque, Louis XVI, Empire, Biedermeier to Art Deco, from Sotheby's and Christie's; oriental carpets on wooden floors; handcrafted marquetry furniture - mirrors, tables, beds by a Dutch artisan. Welcome to charm, sophistication and a beautiful ambience inside and outside. The hotel now has AIR CONDITIONING - in all but the "cool" rooms 3 and A. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Seven Bridges Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seven Bridges Amsterdam
- Hotel Seven Bridges Amsterdam
- Seven Bridges Hotel Amsterdam
- 7 Bridges Hotel