“Great Place To Stay-Check the Pictures If You Doubt It” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seven Bridges Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seven Bridges Hotel
Reguliersgracht 31, Amsterdam 1017LK, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #10 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Western Massachusetts
“Great Place To Stay-Check the Pictures If You Doubt It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

This is a classy little hotel. This review is a little overdue since my wife and I stayed there last September. Not only did we love Amsterdam but we loved this place. Just looking at some of the pictures today while reading some of the reviews made me homesick to be back there. It is a great location on the canal and as mentioned in many reviews, it is convenient to everything. My wife and I were there for 10 days and walked everywhere we went.

We arrived early before check in and were given a place to store our luggage while we did some sight seeing before our room was ready. We stayed in room 9 and loved the view. We did not mind the steep stairs because when we left in the morning, we were gone all day. It was a little noisy on the weekend but earplugs were available in the room and during the rest of the week, noise was not a problem.

It is no doubt in my mind that the furnishings were unique because I was certainly impressed. I can't imagine this kind of antiques in most hotels.

The breakfasts were great and huge. Breakfast was brought to your room each morning at the time you specified and served on china. I certainly don't require china for breakfast but if one is going to do a review, they should tell it like it is. The Seven Bridges Hotel serves their breakfasts on china! If memory serves me correctly there was a pitcher of coffee (containing serveral cups), orange juice, yogurt, several slices of different types of bread, cheese, lunchmeat, usually two different types of fruit, crouisants and jellies and jams. After eating our fill each morning, we would make sandwiches from the leftovers and have them for lunch as we explored the city. Our hosts offered the options of not having breakfasts some mornings if we chose not to, but it seemed like a good deal to us so we continued them every morning.

Rembrandt Square was very convenient with all sorts of bars and restaurants nearby. Yet only a couple of blocks away, we were off the main drag tucked in to our scenic street. One day we were pleasantly surprised to hear music coming from the canal and were treated to a concert by a musician in a little boat. He had a handcranked organ and played a variety of trumpets. After playing several numbers and interacting with those who gathered to listen, he motored off to another location to repeat his performance. What a nice touch, right outside our hotel!

Another night, we saw a wedding party arriving by boat and being greeted by guests holding sparklers which reflected off the water. Just a beautiful setting.

The staff was very accommodating and I did take advantage of their laptops and internet connections to check my e-mail and communicate with some folks back.

When leaving to come home, we walked about two blocks to Rembrand Square and took a tram to Central Station, then, a train to the airport. A very convenient location.

I have absolutely no complaints with this hotel and would gladly stay at the Seven Bridges Hotel again. I know they do have some bigger rooms there but we enjoyed number 9 so much, I would be tempted to stay in that one again.

Amsterdam has a lot to offer. We found the people to be very friendly. We enjoyed seeing so many people using bicycles to get around especially families with small children in the carts and on various attached seats. The only problem we had with the city was remembering to stay out of the bike paths.

Great city. Great hotel. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

648 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Dana Point, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

We stayed eight days in the Number 5 Garden Room. What a spacious delight with beautiful antiques and finishes such as the hand carving on the ceiling. Loved the garden area attached to our room as well. Good thing too, because both my husband and I came down with terrible colds and had to spend a lot more time in the room than we anticipated. Gunter and his staff could not have been nicer. They even offered to bring us tea or aspirin as things deteriorated!! While we did miss a few days of sightseeing, if it had to happen, it couldn't have happened in a nicer place with nicer staff. We won't be staying anywhere else but the Seven Bridges on future trips to Amsterdam. Great room, great location, great service, great staff. Seven Bridges has it all!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Concord, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

In terms of old world ambiance, location and service you can hardly go wrong here! Seven Bridges is a 300 year-old canal house in a very convenient location on the Reguliersgracht, a short walk from the Rembrandtplein and right by one of Amsterdam’s prettiest canals. Pierre and his associates took good care of me in my pretty, little garden room on the top floor. A huge breakfast tray with breads, cold cuts, cheese, tea, fruit and yogurt was delivered to me each morning, and I’m still impressed by their ability to carry it up those three incredibly narrow and steep flights of steps! I also appreciated the free Wifi enabling me to download and share pictures after long days of exploring. I saw some of the other, larger rooms and they were simply stunning, although a bit beyond my budget. Traveling alone, I never felt unsafe even after dark in this area of the city. The Seven Bridges Hotel is a winner!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

A friend and I recently stayed six nights in Room C at the Seven Bridges Hotel. In short, it was terrific. Room C is actually two rooms--a bedroom and a living room, so it is quite spacious. The bathroom is good size, the shower has great water pressure, and the bath towels, changed daily, are luxuriously thick. There is a refrigerator where we kept snacks and drinks. The living room has a beautiful view of two historic canals and the street is generally very quiet. The location is perfect. It is easy walking distance to the museums, great non-touristy local cafes and restaurants and other shops, Vondel Park, and the great outdoor Albert Cuyp Market. Trams to everywhere are just two blocks away. The owners, Gunter and Pierre, were always very friendly and available to answer questions or provide what little assistance we requested. The only regret is we could not stay longer. The Seven Bridges is not generic, it is authentic Amsterdam.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Monte di Procida, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

This little hotel is a true gem! It's in the perfect location... only a few blocks from Rembrant Square and a tram stop, yet far enough off away from traffic to make it super quiet and relaxing. Easily walkable to all sights! The staff couldn't have been friendlier and they bring breakfast (breads,croissants, fantastic yogurt, fruits, meats, cheeses, juice and tea/coffee) to your room every morning! What could be better than breakfast in bed!!! Plus, they have free laptops for you to use upon asking! A definite two thumbs up. If I'm ever in Amsterdam again, I will stay here!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

Based my decision to stay on the "genuine reviews" on tripadvisor. And as expected was very pleased with Gunter and his unique establishment.
Stayed in Room C "next door" to the other part of the hotel where you check-in.
Everythink was just perfect as stated in more detail in the other postings. Room C has a perfect view of the Canal, an no issues with noise, the sleeping area is screened off but we never even noticed when leaving the door open. The photo's on the website show it perfectly. There is a good sized fridge tucked away to keep the beers cool too.
Close to everything and we walked pretty much everywhere, and we even took the tram and train to and from Schipol with the luggage, which is not too big a deal, and cheap and cheerful compared to taxis.
Local bakery, deli and off licence kept our appetites satisfied and good local restaurants.
The Casa de David Italian was worth he short walk.
A very pleasurable stay, will be back next time we visit.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

Hotel Seven Bridges offers something many places don't - great style and the perfect location along one of Amsterdam's most beautiful canals. My Garden room was vast yet warm, colorful and cozy with great antiques. The bathroom was spacious as well. As travel is my business I am very aware of the details which were all very well taken care of down to the fresh tulips in the room. Service wise the hotel manager is a delight...his passion is evident from the moment of your arrival. Numerous small restauants may be found just out the hotel's front door...My opinion - well worth it! Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Seven Bridges Hotel? Share your experiences!