This is a classy little hotel. This review is a little overdue since my wife and I stayed there last September. Not only did we love Amsterdam but we loved this place. Just looking at some of the pictures today while reading some of the reviews made me homesick to be back there. It is a great location on the canal and as mentioned in many reviews, it is convenient to everything. My wife and I were there for 10 days and walked everywhere we went.
We arrived early before check in and were given a place to store our luggage while we did some sight seeing before our room was ready. We stayed in room 9 and loved the view. We did not mind the steep stairs because when we left in the morning, we were gone all day. It was a little noisy on the weekend but earplugs were available in the room and during the rest of the week, noise was not a problem.
It is no doubt in my mind that the furnishings were unique because I was certainly impressed. I can't imagine this kind of antiques in most hotels.
The breakfasts were great and huge. Breakfast was brought to your room each morning at the time you specified and served on china. I certainly don't require china for breakfast but if one is going to do a review, they should tell it like it is. The Seven Bridges Hotel serves their breakfasts on china! If memory serves me correctly there was a pitcher of coffee (containing serveral cups), orange juice, yogurt, several slices of different types of bread, cheese, lunchmeat, usually two different types of fruit, crouisants and jellies and jams. After eating our fill each morning, we would make sandwiches from the leftovers and have them for lunch as we explored the city. Our hosts offered the options of not having breakfasts some mornings if we chose not to, but it seemed like a good deal to us so we continued them every morning.
Rembrandt Square was very convenient with all sorts of bars and restaurants nearby. Yet only a couple of blocks away, we were off the main drag tucked in to our scenic street. One day we were pleasantly surprised to hear music coming from the canal and were treated to a concert by a musician in a little boat. He had a handcranked organ and played a variety of trumpets. After playing several numbers and interacting with those who gathered to listen, he motored off to another location to repeat his performance. What a nice touch, right outside our hotel!
Another night, we saw a wedding party arriving by boat and being greeted by guests holding sparklers which reflected off the water. Just a beautiful setting.
The staff was very accommodating and I did take advantage of their laptops and internet connections to check my e-mail and communicate with some folks back.
When leaving to come home, we walked about two blocks to Rembrand Square and took a tram to Central Station, then, a train to the airport. A very convenient location.
I have absolutely no complaints with this hotel and would gladly stay at the Seven Bridges Hotel again. I know they do have some bigger rooms there but we enjoyed number 9 so much, I would be tempted to stay in that one again.
Amsterdam has a lot to offer. We found the people to be very friendly. We enjoyed seeing so many people using bicycles to get around especially families with small children in the carts and on various attached seats. The only problem we had with the city was remembering to stay out of the bike paths.
Great city. Great hotel. I highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seven Bridges Hotel is a 300 year old charming canal house at the beautiful confluence of two canals in the historic heart of Amsterdam. Character and atmosphere are created by individually decorated stylish rooms: precious antiques from Baroque, Louis XVI, Empire, Biedermeier to Art Deco, from Sotheby's and Christie's; oriental carpets on wooden floors; handcrafted marquetry furniture - mirrors, tables, beds by a Dutch artisan. Welcome to charm, sophistication and a beautiful ambience inside and outside. The hotel now has AIR CONDITIONING - in all but the "cool" rooms 3 and A. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Seven Bridges Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seven Bridges Amsterdam
- Hotel Seven Bridges Amsterdam
- Seven Bridges Hotel Amsterdam
- 7 Bridges Hotel