This must be one of the most interesting boutique hotel we have stayed in recently. For our first time in Amsterdam, we have chosen the seven bridges based entirely on the strength of recommendations from tripadvisor..
Location wise, this hotel is located in the canal belt, about 2 km from the train station where we arrived. As such, it is about 20 minutes walk along the beautiful canals to places of interest such a s rijksmuseum as well as van gogh museum. Many other places of interest are also within walking distance such as the hash museum and the RLD. We walked practically everywhere and did not avail ourselves to the public transport but seeing the many trams lines that we crossed about a mere 3-5 minutes walk away, you shouldn't be too far from access.
We requested for the canal view room 7 which was gorgeously decorated with period furniture. Little did we realise that the arm chairs we were sitting on were 17th century antiques! Room was a bit on the small side but adequate (considering that this is Europe afterall). toilets and bath are adequate and spotless in cleanliness. The bed in this room is a queen size which some may find a bit small. The room is air conditioned which works well for some of the warmer nights. View from the room is gorgeous and despite facing the road in front, the little human and vehicular traffic is fairly well insulated and we were not bothered by traffic noises or noises from late night revelers.
This room is reached by a tiny and steep circular fire-escape like stairs. can be difficult to maneuver if you have large and heavy luggage which we did. But the owners were around to give a helping hand.
Breakfast is served daily by the owners themselves. you can request for it at a pre-determined time which is useful if you need a lie in after a heavy night. Breakfast is served on nice china-ware from the likes of villeroy and boch. Includes croissont, scones and sliced bread, yoggurt, cold cuts and cheese and fruits. choice of tea of coffee is available. We asked for Earl Grey tea and although they said they don;t have it , they still serve it to us on the first morning!
also included is a 20 inch flat screen TV which includes many channels including CNN and BBC world. Internet is Free of charge and fairly stable over wifi.
In summary, we will strongly recommend this hotel to those seeking a unique place to stay in a wonderful city. Afterall, when was the last time you sleep in a room decorated with bona fide antiques with all the mod cons too?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seven Bridges Hotel is a 300 year old charming canal house at the beautiful confluence of two canals in the historic heart of Amsterdam. Character and atmosphere are created by individually decorated stylish rooms: precious antiques from Baroque, Louis XVI, Empire, Biedermeier to Art Deco, from Sotheby's and Christie's; oriental carpets on wooden floors; handcrafted marquetry furniture - mirrors, tables, beds by a Dutch artisan. Welcome to charm, sophistication and a beautiful ambience inside and outside. The hotel now has AIR CONDITIONING - in all but the "cool" rooms 3 and A. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Seven Bridges Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seven Bridges Amsterdam
- Hotel Seven Bridges Amsterdam
- Seven Bridges Hotel Amsterdam
- 7 Bridges Hotel