“Quaint Amsterdam Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seven Bridges Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seven Bridges Hotel
Save Saved
You added Seven Bridges Hotel to your Saves list
Reguliersgracht 31, 1017LK Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #8 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Sydney, Australia
“Quaint Amsterdam Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Stayed four nights in room 7 and enjoyed every minute. The view from the wall of windows to the canal is beautiful with the occasional canal boat motoring past. The furniture is comfortable and pleasing to the eye and the bathroom, although without a bath, is large and functional.

The stairs described quite honestly on the hotel website is steep. A ladder is the picture you should create in your mind- so if you travel with loads of luggage or have difficulties climbing then do not stay here. However if you are mobile and love history then you will love it!

The hotel is situated in the old part of Amsterdam, four tram stops away from Centraal. It is close to two tram lines so you can easily get to just about any attractions in minutes. Walking to many places is also easy as the terrain is flat. There are supermarkets, cafes and restaurants nearby.

If you would like to stay in an old, well-maintained small hotel with a canal view then Seven Bridges is a perfect choice.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
Namur, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Reading all the positive reviews, there's not much I can add, except that they are all true. All the little details in service show that the guest is of paramount importance at the Seven Bridges. The beautiful rooms, the great breakfasts and the central location make this a great place.

Pierre and Gunter make this hotel a very special place in Amsterdam that I always love to return to and I always refer to it as our home in Amsterdam.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I stayed at Seven Bridges for 4 nights at the end of May and I only have nice things to say about this place! The room was beautiful, with huge windows, a very confortable foam bed and amazing antiques. I was in room no 4. If you don't want to deal with the steep stairs, take this room, it's on the ground floor. Everything was very clean.

The hosts were very friendly, they even lent me a vase when I bought flowers for my room. As soon as I arrived, they gave me a map and gave me suggestions as to where I could have breakfast and where to have dinner. They also provide guests with laptops that you can bring to your room for an hour, free of charge.

The hotel is right on the canal, it's really nice and quiet. And it's in walking distance of everything. Really no need to use the public transport if you like walking. Going to the Centraal Station takes 30 minutes (when carrying a very heavy suitcase so probably less is your hands are free!).
The only thing I guess is the lack of pressure in the shower. But I guess that's to be expected in an old house and it's also a bit tricky to adjust to proper water temperature. But really, that is not a reason not to go. This is a great place and anyone will be happy there.
Make sure the hosts tell you where HEMA is. The kind of store where you can buy food quickly, juice, croissant, sandwich, beer, wine, whatever. It's very practical. And right next to it is another store specializing in TO GO food.
Rembrandtplein is full of restaurants and the street right behind the hotel too. I enjoyed the Cafe l'Opera on Rembrandtplein. Quiet, nice music and good food. Great terrasse.

I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely go there again.
I felt like being at home.

Room Tip: For quiet, choose a room with garden view.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 8 days. We were in room 7, with a lovely view of the canal. The canal view room just below us seemed quite attractive as well, but perhaps not quite as large. The inn provides a lovely location for sightseeing and dining while in Amsterdam. (Be sure to buy a bus pass for the number of days you are staying in the city.)Would highly recommend the Seven Bridges.We did not choose to purchase the breakfast option so we cannot attest one way or the other re it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

My daughter and I were meeting each other in Amsterdam after her study abroad in Nepal. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to spend three days together. The staff was so friendly and helpful, the rooms clean and airy. My daughter of course was thrilled to have a flush toilet in the room and be able to drink water from the tap after living in a village in rural Nepal. Even though we did not have a canal view, the view of the garden was very pretty. We were surprised how quiet it was and how close to so many great places to see and eat we were. If you can handle the steep stairs going up and down, the Seven Bridges is really a superb place to stay in Amsterdam.

• Stayed May 2011
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

I am already planning my next visit. I stayed at The Hotel Seven Bridges for a week in May 2011 with my brother and we are both still amazed at how lucky we were to have found this hotel and stayed here. The web site was was easy to navigate and they have done a great job of being accurate in every description. Their communication was fast and efficient and I was so pleased to be able to go on-line see the two unique rooms- canal view # 9 and garden view # 8 that were reserved for us. We arrived late in the afternoon on a sunny Saturday and took a tram 4 quick stops from the city center to the Seven Bridges stop. I have to admit I was a bit overwhelmed by the sunny Saturday party mood on the canals after my long day/night of flying but when we walked over the bridge and around the corner to see our stately canal house hotel, I felt a wave of relaxation that would stay with me for my entire seven days. We were greeted by the charming Eric and I have to say I felt like I was staying with long time friends or family. I immediately fell under the spell of this old house with its narrow twisting stairs, and art covered walls. My garden room was spacious and so quiet. The widows were open and looked out onto several well kept pocket gardens of the neighboring canal houses. Super comfortable memory foam beds, clean, beautifully tiled bathrooms and a perfect combination of exquisite antiques and tasteful modern furniture. My brother's room at the top of the stairs was equally furnished and had a view of the canal. Staying in this hotel makes it easy to drift into the still life of a Vermeer and really enjoy living like a local. Thank you Eric, Pierre & Gunter for your gracious hospitality.

Room Tip: The garden rooms are very quiet.
Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Constanta, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

We spent 4 nights at Seven Bridges Hotel in the Garden Room 10 as was the only one available, which was amazing!! We truly felt like home.
Extremely clean, warm ambiance, helpful receptionist, good location, everything was just PERFECT!!
I would definitely come again!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Seven Bridges Hotel? Share your experiences!