“staying here is like being the guest of your fabulous European uncle.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seven Bridges Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seven Bridges Hotel
Save Saved
You added Seven Bridges Hotel to your Saves list
Reguliersgracht 31, 1017LK Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #8 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
San Francisco, California
“staying here is like being the guest of your fabulous European uncle.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

I am already planning my next visit. I stayed at The Hotel Seven Bridges for a week in May 2011 with my brother and we are both still amazed at how lucky we were to have found this hotel and stayed here. The web site was was easy to navigate and they have done a great job of being accurate in every description. Their communication was fast and efficient and I was so pleased to be able to go on-line see the two unique rooms- canal view # 9 and garden view # 8 that were reserved for us. We arrived late in the afternoon on a sunny Saturday and took a tram 4 quick stops from the city center to the Seven Bridges stop. I have to admit I was a bit overwhelmed by the sunny Saturday party mood on the canals after my long day/night of flying but when we walked over the bridge and around the corner to see our stately canal house hotel, I felt a wave of relaxation that would stay with me for my entire seven days. We were greeted by the charming Eric and I have to say I felt like I was staying with long time friends or family. I immediately fell under the spell of this old house with its narrow twisting stairs, and art covered walls. My garden room was spacious and so quiet. The widows were open and looked out onto several well kept pocket gardens of the neighboring canal houses. Super comfortable memory foam beds, clean, beautifully tiled bathrooms and a perfect combination of exquisite antiques and tasteful modern furniture. My brother's room at the top of the stairs was equally furnished and had a view of the canal. Staying in this hotel makes it easy to drift into the still life of a Vermeer and really enjoy living like a local. Thank you Eric, Pierre & Gunter for your gracious hospitality.

Room Tip: The garden rooms are very quiet.
Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

659 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Polish first
Constanta, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

We spent 4 nights at Seven Bridges Hotel in the Garden Room 10 as was the only one available, which was amazing!! We truly felt like home.
Extremely clean, warm ambiance, helpful receptionist, good location, everything was just PERFECT!!
I would definitely come again!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

My husband and I visited Amsterdam for the first time and were so happy that we discovered the Seven Bridges Hotel. What a joy to stay in a canal house 300 years old. We were in Room C in the annex next door and felt like it was our own apartment. We had keys to the front door and we were able to come and go as we pleased. It is very near Rembrandtplein where there are clubs, restaurants and lots of activity. The management was helpful, cordial, and very welcoming.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
London/New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

I meant to review this a while back...we were here in Spring 2010. What a charming little hotel in a great location. We could only afford the cheapest room (up three or four flights of narrow stairs), but if you are fit it is actually quite fun...very top of an old canal house. The decor and furniture were very 'old amsterdam', and the staff were always helpful. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Milford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for our 15th anniversary and we couldn't have found a better place to stay. If you have trouble with steep stairs best to ask for a lower room such as room 4. Because of the holidays we had to switch rooms in the middle of our stay but both rooms were great, the bathrooms were absolutely spotless, the rooms were decorated beautifully and the hotel was very close to just about everything, including several cafes just two blocks away, great for sipping coffee and watching Amsterdam go by. The staff was very friendly and we were asked by everyone we came in contact with in the hotel how we liked our stay. We will defiantly stay here again on our next trip to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: You won't be disappointed
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Fanwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

I stayed at this lovely little hotel for four nights with my 21 year old daughter - the layout of Room 8 was perfect for us, offering a touch of privacy with the placement of the extremely comfortable beds on opposite sides of the room with the windows and table and chairs set in the middle. The complimentary WIFI allowed my daughter to use her laptop to check in with friends online in the evenings without disturbing my sleep on the other side of the room. Although we did not order a full breakfast , we were able to arrange for a pot of coffee for two to be delivered each morning - delicious and steaming hot, served in beautiful porcelain china cups and saucers for a very reasonable 5 euro per day - and brought to our room by the always friendly but never intrusive co-owner Pierre. On the last day of our stay we had a very late evening flight to London - Pierre and Gunther were nice enough to allow our sizeable amount of luggage to crowd their reception room for the entire day while we enjoyed our final afternoon in beautiful Amsterdam. Yes the steep staircase was a bit of a challenge and not for the weak legged or faint of heart - we looked at it as an aerobic challenge and welcomed the extra exercise after all the delicious food and drink we enjoyed in this amazing city. I would recommend this hotel without reservation to anyone traveling to Amsterdam and looking for a hotel experience which makes you feel like you're a guest in a beautiful, antique-filled private home on a scenic quiet street within comfortable walking distance of all that Amsterdam has to offer. Looking forward to my next visit and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Hotel website is great for this.
  • Stayed March 2011
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

This is a nice 3-star hotel; stayed in Garden Room 8, which is two flights up from the ground floor. Two double beds, one on each side of the room. Paid Euro 110/night in mid March.

Pros:
Spacious; quiet; clean; good, wireless Internet (free); good location (five-minute walk to two tram stops; could walk all the way to Amsterdam Centraal in probably 35 minutes); friendly staff

Cons:
Breakfast costs 12.50 euros extra; slightly overpriced (by about the price of the breakfast or a little more); steep, winding, narrow staircase; no elevator; tiny shower; no small fridge; no hot water pot.

Would stay here again if I couldn't find a cheaper alternative that was as nice.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Seven Bridges Hotel? Share your experiences!