“Just lovely” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seven Bridges Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seven Bridges Hotel
Save Saved
You added Seven Bridges Hotel to your Saves list
Reguliersgracht 31, 1017LK Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #9 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
London/New York
“Just lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

I meant to review this a while back...we were here in Spring 2010. What a charming little hotel in a great location. We could only afford the cheapest room (up three or four flights of narrow stairs), but if you are fit it is actually quite fun...very top of an old canal house. The decor and furniture were very 'old amsterdam', and the staff were always helpful. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Polish first
Milford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for our 15th anniversary and we couldn't have found a better place to stay. If you have trouble with steep stairs best to ask for a lower room such as room 4. Because of the holidays we had to switch rooms in the middle of our stay but both rooms were great, the bathrooms were absolutely spotless, the rooms were decorated beautifully and the hotel was very close to just about everything, including several cafes just two blocks away, great for sipping coffee and watching Amsterdam go by. The staff was very friendly and we were asked by everyone we came in contact with in the hotel how we liked our stay. We will defiantly stay here again on our next trip to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: You won't be disappointed
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Fanwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

I stayed at this lovely little hotel for four nights with my 21 year old daughter - the layout of Room 8 was perfect for us, offering a touch of privacy with the placement of the extremely comfortable beds on opposite sides of the room with the windows and table and chairs set in the middle. The complimentary WIFI allowed my daughter to use her laptop to check in with friends online in the evenings without disturbing my sleep on the other side of the room. Although we did not order a full breakfast , we were able to arrange for a pot of coffee for two to be delivered each morning - delicious and steaming hot, served in beautiful porcelain china cups and saucers for a very reasonable 5 euro per day - and brought to our room by the always friendly but never intrusive co-owner Pierre. On the last day of our stay we had a very late evening flight to London - Pierre and Gunther were nice enough to allow our sizeable amount of luggage to crowd their reception room for the entire day while we enjoyed our final afternoon in beautiful Amsterdam. Yes the steep staircase was a bit of a challenge and not for the weak legged or faint of heart - we looked at it as an aerobic challenge and welcomed the extra exercise after all the delicious food and drink we enjoyed in this amazing city. I would recommend this hotel without reservation to anyone traveling to Amsterdam and looking for a hotel experience which makes you feel like you're a guest in a beautiful, antique-filled private home on a scenic quiet street within comfortable walking distance of all that Amsterdam has to offer. Looking forward to my next visit and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Hotel website is great for this.
  • Stayed March 2011
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

This is a nice 3-star hotel; stayed in Garden Room 8, which is two flights up from the ground floor. Two double beds, one on each side of the room. Paid Euro 110/night in mid March.

Pros:
Spacious; quiet; clean; good, wireless Internet (free); good location (five-minute walk to two tram stops; could walk all the way to Amsterdam Centraal in probably 35 minutes); friendly staff

Cons:
Breakfast costs 12.50 euros extra; slightly overpriced (by about the price of the breakfast or a little more); steep, winding, narrow staircase; no elevator; tiny shower; no small fridge; no hot water pot.

Would stay here again if I couldn't find a cheaper alternative that was as nice.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Leighton Buzzard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

We chose the Seven Bridges after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. We were looking for a smaller hotel with a more intimate feeling and it didn't disappoint. It felt very much like a home away from home complete with your own front door key! The gentlemen that greeted us on arrival was friendly and helpful and immediately gave us a map and showed us some of the key landmarks. We stayed in room 10 up in the roof which was cosy and peaceful. The room was extremely comfortable and we slept well throughout. The location of the hotel is great, a stone's through from supermarkets and shops and Rembrandt Plein but in a quiet residential street. We found some great little restaurants on Utrechstrasse which is 5 mins away. All in all we had a great week in Holland and would recommend Seven Bridges as a base from which to explore.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I stayed three nights in the ground floor room of the "annex" building. This room does not have breakfast delivery, but it does have a tiny little kitchen in a closet. It was perfect for my needs. There is a supermarket right around the corner and I was able to stock up and make my own breakfast (coffee is provided by the hotel).

Because it was chilly, I wasn't tempted to open my window. I could see how this room might be problematical in the warmer weather for a light sleeper. It's not to say that the surroundings are noisy. They are not. But, being at street level enables you to hear conversations in progress as people walk by.

My room was cute and comfortable. I appreciated the free wifi very much. The owners were very patient and helpful, answering all my questions and helping me get oriented.

The local was absolutely perfect for me, located midway between two museum locations. I walked most everywhere, but did take the tram back to the train station after my stay. The hotel is a block or two from major tram lines.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

We stayed in Room 5 and loved it. The location is great and walking distance to everything. Very close to Rembrandt square.

Room Tip: We loved room 5, but didn't see the others
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Seven Bridges Hotel? Share your experiences!