This hostel I had mixed feelings about, the rooms are shared 20 people, the lockers are outside of the rooms which is annoying, there is only two plugs in each room, not ideal.
The staff were good, highlight was the secret lounge, not many people knew about it and I was great to chill or drink in.
Laundry takes hours took us 3 hours to get our clothes dry. There is no fridge either and no cooking facilities. The staff will heat up food for you or boil water for you.
There is no bar here either. It's very close to the centre, red light district etc, rooms are very clean the bathrooms are gross and always have a strong smell of urine or Bali (if you have been there you will know what it smells like)
No elevators either
Breakfast was awesome, organic juice, bread (all types) cereals yoghurt fruit! AMAZING
- Also Known As:
- Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Hotel
- Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amsterdam city centre is famous for its numerous bars, canals, shops and museums. What could be more fun than having your home base in the heart of the city that never sleeps? And at Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen, you can meet travellers from all over the world. The moment you step outside, you’re bang in the middle of vibrant Amsterdam. Beside bars, restaurants and shops, you will also find theatres, cinemas and museums nearby. The flea market at Waterlooplein is within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.