“crack den” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Beursstraat

Save Saved
You added Hotel Beursstraat to your Saves list
Hotel Beursstraat
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Beursstraat 7, 1012 JT Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Ranked #298 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“crack den”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

what a dive we stayed in number 31. 78 steps and 6 flights of steep stairs. its safe to say if there was a fire below, you better hope you've got half a cigarette a rizla and a lighter and some of the finest bud you've ever smoked as it will for sure be your last. the room was freezing, the radiator was just a fixture on the wall as it served no purpose what so ever. the beds tool like they has come from hitlers training camp. its like a scene from train spotting. A crack den.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Carnoustie, Scotland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 1st-4th march 2013.
Rooms were clean,beds are wood nailed together with prison mattress and itchy blankets.
We only needed someplace to sleep,but hotel decided to turn heating OFF (its winter time and damm cold) not good.
Hotel smells a little but that seems normal for cheap hotels in dam.
You can smoke weed in room but open the windows.
Not likely to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Like first, the location is absolutelly great. The prices of the accommodation for Amsterdam are more than friendly. I have been here with group of 8 friends. Nobody of us complain about the accommodation. Furniture is old but ok, sice of rooms is small but ok, bathroom is absolutelly ok (everything works), heating works well too. We used the rooms for sleeping and the sleeping quality is good. Just to compare, two years ago we were in 4* hotel, price was minimal double and the accommodation was very similar, i can say, no difference, ok, 4* hotel had TV in room.
Hotel Beursstraat = you get, what you pay for, dont expect 5* servis for few EURs. I dont have problem to stay here again. Good location for exploring the city.
p.s. We got very late check out for free, great bonus. Big thx to helpfull stuff :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The location of this hotel is fantastic, you're less than a 5 minute walk away from the red light district, Central Station, Dam square etc.
We just wanted somewhere really cheap and centrally located as we were only there for one night to have a few beers and watch Ajax v Real Madrid.
The hotel is very outdated but clean, it's fine to go with "the lads" if you're just looking for a place to crash but if you're going with your partner then pay the extra money and stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

When I got there I thought I would kill my travel agent whom I always trusted. I am not used to luxurious conditions but that was too much. It was extremely small and old, the bathroom was tiny and clean but smelled like hospital. It was frequeshly cold in the room. Of course no hairdryer though every place I went before had at least one and I didn't bother to take one. We had to move our bed from the windows and it became a bit better. Also had to ask the staff to turn on the heating which later on heated us more than well. As for the bed I was disgusted by it. The blanked was like in prison and only a small, doubtfully clean sheet separated my body from it. I spent there 3 nights and now I am so happy to be home in a clean nice bed:)
To sum up, location is great and the hotel is quite good for its ranking. For me it was not pleasant. I hope a lot of people would share my opinion. Definitely not a nice place for couples to stay. The place is a hole.

• Stayed October 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Altogether there were 5 of us, all guys and by no means accustomed to high standards, but this place was downright terrible. We stayed for just the one night (thankfully) but that was more than enough to get a good feeling for the place.
The rooms were filthy. The person that had made the beds had obviously done so while smoking as cigarette ash was under the covers and between the sheets. I ended sleeping in my sleeping bag on top of the blankets. The location is the only positive here as it is very central and walking distance from the train station.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I booked Hotel Beursstraat through a travel agency online, i then read the reviews and thought what have i let myself in for, but could'nt change the booking. and im glad we didnt as we arrived to find the hotel in a great location , very central , we arrived in the morning and it was no problem getting in our room early and the reception man was very polite and asked if everything was ok . yes the room is very basic, bed , shower , toilet , sink , but the shower was powerful, the bathroom was clean the bed was comfortable and clean as i checked the sheets before entering. the hotel was quiet , very quiet for a central location. the towels were a bit small more like a hand towel but thats my only complaint. we were able to leave our bags for the hotel to look after for a few hours. so all in all a very nice stay . you get what you pay for and the staff are very nice.

Room Tip: i would say stay on top floor, but it will be a walk up some windy stairs. we satyed on floor 1 room...