“Hotel & Hospitality at its Best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Atlas Hotel

Save Saved
You added Atlas Hotel to your Saves list
Atlas Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Van Eeghenstraat 64, 1071 GK Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #184 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Louisville, Kentucky
“Hotel & Hospitality at its Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Atlas hotel for us was the ideal small hotel with high quaility rooms and service of the management and staff created the best Hospitality during our recent stay.
Location was wonderful, at the dorr step of all the museums and the park and high class designer shops.
We loved every minute we spent at the hotel with most comfortable rooms and caring manageres.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at the Atlas Hotel, maybe 15 times in the late 1980's throughout the mid 90's. This gem of a hotel was beautiful, warm and a constant delight to stay at. It now seems to be part of a chain "Hampshire Hospitality" and the state of the hotel is certainly not what it was. Everything is rundown and worn out- the toilet ran, the facets leak, the wallpaper is torn. The place is really in sad shape. More significantly they seem to have gutted the once charming rooms and revamped it to squeeze in more rooms. What they left put was any soundproofing between rooms. You can hear every sneeze that happens in the next room. My son was placed in a room in the basement. The smell of mildew was overpowering and nothing electrical worked in his room- no lights worked. They changed his room after one sleepless night. Kind of weird and frankly inexcusable customer service. It doesn't seem like anyone is doing maintaince in this hotel. The front desk workers were indifferent to downright unhelpful. They seem to have been instructed to do as little as possible in terms of general hotel service. I had train tickets to Paris and asked the front desk if they could please check the train sched. to confirm my timing, I did not have a computer with me. The woman said that she didn't know how to get to the train sched. via computer. Really? I asked a gent to please make a dinner reservation for me at a local Dutch restaurant. He told me that he could, but that he'd have to charge me .50 Eruo to do so. Really?
I used to recommend this hotel to everyone as one of the hidden jewels of Amserdam. Sadly, I will never do this again........

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here, be sure to NOT get a basement room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

For us this hotel seems to be located in the park itself. Must say we love to go for long walks and usually while visiting a big city that is not always possible to do this with the nature around you. But at Atlas hotel this is just the case. We throughly enjoyed the hotel, the rooms and good service by management and staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have visited Amsterdam several times in the past few years and have always enjoyed my stays. I do believe that I will now visit the city even more frequently, and whenever I do, I will stay at Hotel Atlas. The staff are extremely helpful and very kind. They are always smiling, which definitely warms you up on a cold day! The rooms are cute and quaint, and very comfortable. The elegance of the exterior matches that of the interior. Certainly, as an art fanatic as myself, I found that the art deco stylings complemented and added to the uniqueness of this hotel in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: I recommend a room on the second floor. You get a lovely view and a nice breeze (for the summers).
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Having previously stayed at their sister hotel - King Hotel Amsterdam - I decided to try their parkside hotel, Atlas Hotel. I was astonished as to how wonderful my stay was! Having only visited Amsterdam a few months before on a business trip, this stay was made excellent by the very helpful and friendly staff, who greeted me kindly. The location was incredbiel; a truly different side of Amsterdam. Very stylish! The art deco interior and exterior heightened the grandeur of our stay. I will definitely visit again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nice, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Someone who loves nature and Art, Atlas is just the place to be and spend some quality time in Amsterdam. The city is very well know for a lot of attractions but not much is said about the great "green" envoirment that this lovely city has. Atlas offer a great place to relax next to all the city has to offer. We just loved Atlas and should be back in a very months.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Atlas Hotel? Share your experiences!