“Good room” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Aspen to your Saves list
Hotel Aspen
Raadhuisstraat 31, 1016 Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #141 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We choose the hotel for our citytrip to Amsterdam.
I've read the comments about the steep stairs and can definitely sign that. It's so far not a problem but could be one for people with disability problems, small children or a lot of baggage.
Our room was small, we chose shared bathroom. The bathroom/toilet was always clean, so was the room. Fresh towels were provided every day. The owner lives in the same building and was very helpful and friendly. You will need to tell him when you arrive.

The location was great - in the heart of Amsterdam.

Cons: WiFi was very slow and sometimes doesn't work at all. There was no TV in the Room (would have been nice).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

On arrival we were greeted by the owner and given all the information we could need! He was the most welcome and helpful host from all the places I have ever stayed. Plus our rooms were cleaned every day and was above and beyond all our expectations. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Cork, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Prices a fair but the hotel is quite worn down. Windows don't close properly which makes the noise from the street rather noticeable and the matrices are so old it feels like sleeping on a tiny bouncy castle.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Before I came I received an email that my reservation was been cancelled because of credit card issue. I called them before that and they told me, that its ok as long as i pay cash....ok i thought well in the first place i have to pay anyways, so i agreed with that proposal. I arrived in the hotel soaking wet (thanks to holland weather) , first thing they asked was my payment! didn't even gave me a chance to put my stuff first in the room or whatsoever, they just said that i could leave my stuff infront of their door and told me where is the nearest ATM machine. Then i came back payed them and gave me the key of the room, then the shocking comes next! the room is litterally 3mx2m (or maybe even smaller!), the bed is 120cm x 200cm!!! I was speechless! I came down and told them that i booked a 2 persons bedroom then they said, that is for 2 people!! I was still nice and told them that I dont think 2 people could actually fit in that bed! then they said oh yes it is for 2 people!!!! I really didnt know if i will laugh or i will be annoyed but really not to be exagerated the room and bed are really small!!!!! If i was bi°ot wet and cold I have asked for my money back because really it is very much unucceptable! the owner even scared me, while telling him that i dont think that is the room i booked, he said in a very loud voice àre you accusing me of lying`the i said, i just didnt expect how small the room is, i want to see what i booked! but he just keep insisting. )oh how i wished i check the room first before i payed!)

I will not recommend this place to anybody, for old people it is litterally dangerous stairs and difficult to go down, I even hurt my knees because of how steep it is. Even for young peolpe, if you want to have "extra fun" and be super drunk or something else you will not want to go up from those stairs. For guy friends i really dont think you will want to cuddle cuddle ur buddy with the small bed!! the shared shower is also annoying especially now you have to get undressed inside while trying to wait for the warm water so ended up - wet clothes!

I am trying to think positive about this hotel, but really cannot find any positive side of it.....we really just booked it out of no choice....but pay a bit more maybe 20 euros more you will find something in the area more decent with including breakfast....please dont take same mistake i did!

Room Tip: dont stay in this hotel!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel was easy to find but unfortunately is on a busy street. It's not the cars or trams that bothered me, just the ambulances. It's close to centre of town. The small room was clean and I shared a bathroom with those on my floor but I never saw anyone else. The manager was friendly and helpful. It was basic but comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Aspen? Share your experiences!