I've stayed at the Botel twice this Summer. Its a unique experience, I've never had a room in a boat before. Its also convenient, the ferry service makes it easy to get back and forth to Amsterdam Centraal, but it does take some time. For me it was nice to get away, but you should consider this when making your choice.
For my money, and security, I'll stay at the Botel whenever I'm in Amsterdam.
Note: Make sure you have a mobile phone to call the shuttle if you're taking the ferry after midnight. Also note: The Wifi is good for little more than sending emails.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Amstel Botel is Amsterdam's floating hotel. Stay in our hotel with unique design in appearance. We are located in the center of Amsterdam just 3 minutes walk from the Central Railway Station and 18 minutes ride from Amsterdam Airport, which offers a splendid opportunity to discover Amsterdam's history, culture and beauty. The Amstel Botel has 175 rooms, smoking and non-smoking rooms available, all with toilet/shower, hot/cold water, safe, AM/FM clock radio, writing desk, telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Otel, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Amstel Botel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amstel Botel Hotel Amsterdam
- Amstel Botel Alkmaar
- Amstel Botel Hotel Alkmaar
- Botel Amsterdam