The Botel is located across the canal from central station so the ferry is required to get into the centre. The free ferry runs every half hr and takes 15 mins and are timed to the second on a counter at the dock..Arriving at the Botel was easy and check in was fine., the rooms are very basic just a bed !! the ensuite was tiny although clean. Also, there were no extras such as toiletries or tea and coffee facilities. No hair dryer either.
The smell of air freshener greeted us, but after a while we realised why it just masked the smell of sweat. The bed was well worn to the extent where there were two impressions in the mattress but reasonably comfortable. Sheets were clean as were the duvet cover but no slip sheet between the duvet and yourself.Breakfast was okay a reasonable variety of stuff. As a bonus there was free porn on the tv all day.
This is not 3 star hotel i've stayed in better caravans in the UK.!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Amstel Botel is Amsterdam's floating hotel. Stay in our hotel with unique design in appearance. We are located in the center of Amsterdam just 3 minutes walk from the Central Railway Station and 18 minutes ride from Amsterdam Airport, which offers a splendid opportunity to discover Amsterdam's history, culture and beauty. The Amstel Botel has 175 rooms, smoking and non-smoking rooms available, all with toilet/shower, hot/cold water, safe, AM/FM clock radio, writing desk, telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Odigeo, HostelBookers, Agoda, getaroom.com, HostelWorld and Tingo so you can book your Amstel Botel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amstel Botel Hotel Amsterdam
- Amstel Botel Alkmaar
- Amstel Botel Hotel Alkmaar
- Botel Amsterdam