I like to sit up and read in bed. Alas, the moron who designed these bedrooms thought it would be a nice addition to put a sharp-edged shelf just at head height making it impossible to sit up in bed without the top of your skull pressing against the shelf's edge.
The bathroom is a death-trap. The floor is very slippery when wet and the area is tiny and cramped. I slipped once but fortunately caught the towel rail - amazed it didn't come from the wall. An elderly person may not be as lucky.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Amstel Botel is Amsterdam's floating hotel. Stay in our hotel with unique design in appearance. We are located in the center of Amsterdam just 3 minutes walk from the Central Railway Station and 18 minutes ride from Amsterdam Airport, which offers a splendid opportunity to discover Amsterdam's history, culture and beauty. The Amstel Botel has 175 rooms, smoking and non-smoking rooms available, all with toilet/shower, hot/cold water, safe, AM/FM clock radio, writing desk, telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Hotel.de, Venere, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Amstel Botel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amstel Botel Hotel Amsterdam
- Amstel Botel Alkmaar
- Amstel Botel Hotel Alkmaar
- Botel Amsterdam