Each time I go to Amsterdam I get more and more frustrated. Room prices seem to me to be the highest in all of Europe (Paris is way cheaper. Maybe London is about the same).
The price per night at the Boatel was at about my threshold of what I was willing to spend. Before writing this review, I read through a sample of the other reviews and I must say, many are spot on.
Very good breakfast with excellent coffee.
This is a boat. It does move (wakes from other boats). I got "sea legs" (nausea).
Bathroom is not a room. More like a closet with a shower and toilet inside.
Paper thin walls. You can understand people talking in the next room.
Not a lot of value for the price (but that is pretty much true at all hotels in Ams.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Amstel Botel is Amsterdam's floating hotel. Stay in our hotel with unique design in appearance. We are located in the center of Amsterdam just 3 minutes walk from the Central Railway Station and 18 minutes ride from Amsterdam Airport, which offers a splendid opportunity to discover Amsterdam's history, culture and beauty. The Amstel Botel has 175 rooms, smoking and non-smoking rooms available, all with toilet/shower, hot/cold water, safe, AM/FM clock radio, writing desk, telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Agoda, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HostelBookers and HostelWorld so you can book your Amstel Botel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amstel Botel Hotel Amsterdam
- Amstel Botel Alkmaar
- Amstel Botel Hotel Alkmaar
- Botel Amsterdam