“Perfect Lunch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Piqniq

Piqniq
Lindengracht 59 hs, 1015 KC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
+31 20 3203669
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 2,245 restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Central European, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Description: PIQNIQ: for your breakfast, lunch & high tea in the Jordaan area in Amsterdam PIQNIQ as in picnic? Yes, something like that. PIQNIQ is derived from the French word for picnic; pique a nique. Pique means 'choose or pick something' while nique stands for 'a litlle something' means. So PIQNIQ refers to a variety of small dishes of which you can choose from, just like a picnic in the country. At PIQNIQ you are invited to choose from our variety of small sweet & savory dishes and enjoying them in our nice natural restaurant in a typical golden age Amsterdam surrounding while looking at the life on the street, reading a newspaper/magazine/book or take pleasure in a conversation with your table companion(s).At PIQNIQ we serve breakfast, lunch, coffee and tea with sweet bites, fresh juices, smoothies, a quality glass of wine and cold beers. You can also order for a special treat at the office or to take with you to the park or on your boat tour. Take a look at our website for the different possibilities and the menu. We are open daily from 09.00 am. till 05:30 pm.
Dordrecht, The Netherlands
“Perfect Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Finding a good place for lunch can somtimes be a lot more challenging than finding a good one for dinner. I saw the reviews of Piqniq on Tripadvisor and was impressed. We went here with some friends for our lunch and it was even better than I expected. We had a combination lunch, where you can chose 3 different things from the menu + a drink. Together it was a decent meal (enough). Everything about it was right: tasty food, fresh ingredients and a good price (€9,75 p.p.). And on top of that: cosy place and good service. I can highly recommend Piqniq!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

93% Recommend
“Don't miss this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

I had a short stop the for lunch. I had green pee soup, quiche spinach, and pheassant sandwich with the quality. Cost only 9.5 and taste of food was great. Super friendly staff

Melbourne, Australia
“So friendly and great coffee too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

We were wandering the Jordaan area and came across Piqniq for cake and coffee in the afternoon. We enjoyed both and the lady who served us brought a book of St Nikalas and explained the significance to our daughter as we were there on December 5, the eve he visits children. She even gave us traditional gingerbread style sweets which are festive around this occasion. Such wonderful hospitality, it was like visting a relatives home.

“Best breakfast ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We searched out this place after all the great reviews on trip advisor and we're not disppointed! We arrived at 11.15am with breakfast finishing at 11.30 and lunch starting then! The staff were great though and I was able to order the American breakfast and my boyfriend the piqniq lunch!!!

Even after a mix up over which breakfast I had ordered the staff were great and replaced it with the right one straight away!
The American breakfast is amazing! I had it with fried eggs and I have to say it is the best breakfast I have had out! Try it, it is yum!
My boyfriend went for the lunch where you could choose 3 items and had the quiche, soup and Italian sandwich and he loved it!

Nothing was too much trouble, I would definitely come back here when I am next in Amsterdam and I recommend you to NOW!!

Visited December 2013
Rome, Italy
“Wonderful breakfast and also wonderful lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We went there three times in for days, twice for breakfast once for lunch. I advise this delicious place for breakfast or a light but tasty lunch. I had pancake with banana, honey and nuts for breakfast and it was great! But don't get there later than 11.30 or you will have to order for lunch. Lunch is out of sandwiches, special quiche or soup (yummy!). I also advise the buttery ginger cake! Nice place, nice staff, some slow service but food is worth to wait!

• Visited October 2013